DVR USB 2.0 CCTV Card

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
keith_irl

DVR USB 2.0 CCTV Card

Post by keith_irl »

Hi Guy's
Excuse my lame attempts to find an answer to this question using the search button, I have tried honestly, I have a usb dvr card for use with my cctv camera, Windows will recognise the hardware but doeasnt have any drivers for it, however once I install the driver that came with the dvr on cd rom its fine.

My Problem is I cannot get Ubuntu Karmic Koala to recognise the device is even connected nevermind the drivers... I am completely new to linux , I have the zoneminder software working all I need now is to be able to detect my DVR Card!

Any help please? The card itself is unbranded, Ebay!!
coke

Post by coke »

picture of the card (usb 2, is it a card or a box)? Any results from an "ls -l /dev/video*" ? If not, try an "lsusb" and post the results.
littlej

Post by littlej »

search easy cap on google, i had one working but picture its crapy...
keith_irl

Picture

Post by keith_irl »

Thank's for the replys, above is a picture of it, it comes with a cd with superdvr software on it and some windows drivers.

Anybody have royal any experience with this card?
Heres details of lsusb

@royal-desktop:~$ lsusb
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 14cd:6700 Super Top
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04b4:8613 Cypress Semiconductor Corp. CY7C68013 EZ-USB FX2 USB 2.0 Development Kit
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 093a:2510 Pixart Imaging, Inc.
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
royal@royal-desktop:~$

Thank's in advance!
adamjseed

Post by adamjseed »

I am after the same question. I have this USB DVR and would love to use it in ubuntu 9.10 on a VM machine...

I have not tried to plug mine in but will do soon... I didnt have much luck in the past tho.
adamjseed

Post by adamjseed »

well, this isnt looking good. i must have spent many hours on this one now :(

I even took the thing apart to discover that all the chips have had the writing scrubbed off... looks dogy to me.

i cant even get the dam thing to work in windows 7. it looks like the company have gone or were never there :\

anyway what i dug up from the internet is that the drivers should be available from: (Windows) http://www.usbtv.com/drivers/superdvr.zip

so its back to the drawing board... as i say im trying to get zoneminder working on a guest machine. Need ip cameras or some vm capable of pci passthrough.
coke

Post by coke »

Can someone post a sticky that buying random unlabelled devices from china on ebay isn't worth the hassle?
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

coke wrote:Can someone post a sticky that buying random unlabelled devices from china on ebay isn't worth the hassle?
PHPBB needs a 'Like' button :)
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
cordel

Post by cordel »

curtishall wrote:
coke wrote:Can someone post a sticky that buying random unlabelled devices from china on ebay isn't worth the hassle?
PHPBB needs a 'Like' button :)
Agreed :lol:

If anyone has a good idea for an appropriate post, I can sticky it.
I have no finesse as you know and just say it flat out so my post would look like:
Buying products from ebay gives no guarantee to have functioning equipment and has been my experience that many of the products either omit needed specifications whether intentional or not concerning hardware (as it relates to drivers) or does not implement standards very well due to a lack of experience I would suspect. Thus leaving the buyer what was considered a cheap device which is now an expensive paper weight.
Lets see how my people I make mad with that one :wink:
Maybe I'll just split these posts out and sticky them.