Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
biologisch

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432

Post by biologisch »

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in /usr/share/zoneminder/zm_db.php on line 104

memory_limit = 32M, but with higher memory_limit = 128M in php.ini a similar error accours.

There are >7200 events for this cam in my database. Is this the cause for the error?
ZM Versions = 1.36.33
zmeventnotification Version = "6.1.28"
lorsungcu

Post by lorsungcu »

I have the same issue with 1.24. Ever get it resolved? I can't open large timelines, and sometimes refreshes take forever. I have 10 monitors, all at ~10fps.

Dual-Dual Core Opteron 3GHz, 16GB RAM, 5TB DAS
nbarke

Post by nbarke »

same thing here... anyone know anything on this?
nbarke

Post by nbarke »

(and yeah - i know it's an old thread, but didn't find anything else here - :D )
lorsungcu

Post by lorsungcu »

Mine resolved itself - not sure why, as I had increased the php memory_limit value and reloaded everything many times to no avail. Then it suddenly started working. See here for the whole story. This is what my php.ini file ended up looking like:

Code: Select all

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Resource Limits ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 30     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 60 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
;max_input_nesting_level = 64 ; Maximum input variable nesting level
memory_limit = 512M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (16MB)
Try increasing the memory limit, restarting a ton and seeing if that changes anything. It's been solid for me since changing it, but it seemed to take a few minutes to 'take'. I reloaded apache, zm, mysql, everything i could think of, restarted 3 times...then a 3 hours later it came back to life.
nbarke

Post by nbarke »

Thanks for the reply.

I had actually gone ahead and changed the mem limit to 32mb, and a quick /etc/init.d/apache2 restart...

did the trick :)

i like a quick resolution!

Thanks again.