Has anyone tried mashing up with PBX in a Flash?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
Baylink

Has anyone tried mashing up with PBX in a Flash?

Post by Baylink »

Specifically, 1.4 on CentOS 5.2/3?

A centOS compatible package will probably solve my problem, but I don't see that anyone's got one.

I may have to do this by hand; I don't know how much PIAF itself leverages YUM on CentOS; a repo based install may or may not work.

But before I kill myself, I figured I'd ask if anyone else's tried.
lorsungcu

Post by lorsungcu »

What are you trying to achieve? I have experience with it PBXIAF/asterisk/trixbox...If you just want to run them both on the same machine, I would use VMs (although i dont know how that will impact your zm performance).
Baylink

Post by Baylink »

I am, in fact, trying to get them to coreside nicely on one box, without fighting. Later, I may try to get them to interact.

I'd prefer to avoid VM's, partially because I'm purposefully targeting lower horsepower machinery, and partly because I'm not at all familiar with VMs. (And partially because I'm constrained to PIAF being what it is, and I don't know whether it has a VM version, though that's a 3rd layer down issue.)

I ran the install script for CentOS from the wiki, and it clearly does too much, as it broke PIAF in the process... I *think* it stomped on Pear, though it may also have broken some other stuff.
lorsungcu

Post by lorsungcu »

What specifically broke? The web interface? Calls dropped? I'm in the midst of moving, so I won't be able to build anything to test right now, but give me a few weeks and I'll try it. As for VMs, you shouldn't need a VM specific distro...VMware has some really easy to use stuff that works on most equipment (obviously machines with VT will fare better).
Baylink

Post by Baylink »

Yeah, they're handing me P4s. Slow ones. :-)

Specifically, several of the web interfaces (FreePBX, and, I think, the Voicemail interfaces were the ones I tried) quit working; at least one complained that PearDB was no longer installed.

I don't mind doing the leg work if you have hints; I got behind the 8-ball on this one.

And, if I *do* VM, then I'll actually make it harder for myself to make them talk, when I decide to do it...