are control scripts cached? if so, how to reload them?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
bbobbo

are control scripts cached? if so, how to reload them?

Post by bbobbo »

i'm debugging a control script for my ip camera (foscam fi8908w), but i can't figure out how or when zoneminder reads/reloads the perl module.

i have a module based on one of the foscam scripts on the forum. it works fine--i've loaded the control in the monitor and i can pan and tilt the camera as expected.

however, any subsequent changes i make to the perl module don't seem to get loaded. i've tried switching to another control script and then switching back, and also restarting zoneminder, but zoneminder doesn't seem to pick up my changes. i'm sure of this, because i can deliberately introduce an error into the control script (adding an extra '}', for example), and zoneminder still allows me to control the camera.

so it seems like something is getting cached, but where? and how to empty/reload the cache?
TylerSchwend

Re: are control scripts cached? if so, how to reload them?

Post by TylerSchwend »

I am encountering this as well. I restarted zoneminder and apache, but to no avail. Even changing the protocol used to a filename that doesn't exist, or creating a new control profile with a bum protocol... None of it would break anything. I had to reboot to actually see an impact. What's going on here?
TylerSchwend

Re: are control scripts cached? if so, how to reload them?

Post by TylerSchwend »

Got it.

ps aux | grep 'zmcontrol'

You'll have to kill the zmcontrol processes, as they seem to hang around even after a shutdown/restart of ZoneMinder. Since they are persistent "servers", they load the control script once, and then don't let go until they restart.