Get a picture of whoever tries to unlock a session

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
poupoune

Get a picture of whoever tries to unlock a session

Post by poupoune »

An interesting feature (which would need to be combined with the session lock manager) would be to take a picture of whoever tries to unlock your session: you go to lunch, you lock your session (or it gets locked after a while) and a colleague tries to mess with your computer, then whenever the mouse is shaken, a picture is taken and stored (why not even send an email to yourself with the picture attached, before anyone tries to access the session and erase the file?)
coke

Post by coke »

Sounds like that'd be a little distro-specific, and would probably involve a simple USB webcam that you have laying around/bought cheaply, that wouldn't necessarily have to work with ZoneMinder. Once you figure out a command to grab a snapshot or two (and email them or whatever), tying into the session manager's easy, I had to do it on my ubuntu nVidia machines to reset the gamma when coming out of lock.

Probably is something most zoneminder/dvr's in general should have, but I'd file it as non-zoneminder chat.
timcraig

Post by timcraig »

I agree with Coke this makes a nice utility that is external to Zoneminder.

Zoneminder does allow you to create custom triggers that, to my knowledge, that puts Zoneminder monitors in alarm state (and hence start recording).

The only thing that needs to be done to complete the feature you are looking for is to make the window manager of your system to fire off a Zoneminder trigger with the session is unlocked.