Record and motion detect

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
sipi

Record and motion detect

Post by sipi »

ZM can records continuously 1 fps all cam and increases fps when detects motion on cam? I didn't found config there.
curtishall

Re: Record and motion detect

Post by curtishall »

sipi wrote:ZM can records continuously 1 fps all cam and increases fps when detects motion on cam? I didn't found config there.
Yes it can

Look at: Maximum FPS and Alarm Maximum FPS
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
sipi

Post by sipi »

What record mode is it? Mocord? That isn't work. It records continuously but not senses motion. Max fps=1 or 5 and Alarm max fps=25 other setting is default. What is wrong?

Other question that how long time records it and its variable?
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

What camera are you using?

While your settings should work with a local camera, Zoneminder is limited in its ability to do this with network cameras. If you are indeed trying to do this with a network camera, the documentation is the best place to start to learn about the limitations.

Specifically this info:
Note for IP cameras: ZoneMinder has no way to set or limit the mjpeg stream the camera passes, some cams you can set this through the url string, others do not. So if you're using mjpeg feeds you must NOT throttle here at the server end, only the cam end. If you want to use this feature, the server to throttle, then you MUST use jpeg instead of mjpeg method to get picture from the camera
sipi

Post by sipi »

I use axis 211a cam. I understand correctly that feature works analog cams and digitizer cards and if I use IP cams than I must setting source /axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi?

How it works because cam load jpg fix fps?