B&W Picture?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
ositstomc

B&W Picture?

Post by ositstomc »

Hi

I am new to Zoneminder, but already I think this is a sweet piece of software ( I will contribute when I have Ireoned out all my problems). I am running v1.24.2 after installing from the ZMLarch Live CD and I am running on a P4 with 1 GB of RAM and am trying out the Pico2000 card. I have connected a Sony CCD Dome cmera to channel 3 and a Sony Visca camera to channel 1 configured as Moniters using V4l2, NTSC & BGR24, set to 320X240 and now to my issues.

Both cameras only whow a B&W picture?
Picture alternates between each camera, ie. Cam 1 sometimes show pic of Cam 3?
Picture is intermittently unstable, jittery, camera roll (bottom of pic shows in the top 1/5th of picture)?

I have switched the shared memory from 128 to 256 MB but this had no effect, any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated?

PC is there any tool which can probe and return the capabilities of the camera, ie. PAL or NTSC 500 TVL?

Regards
ositstomc

Anybody any ideas?

Post by ositstomc »

help.....
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

what capture card are you running that might help us figure it out
ositstomc

Re: B&W Picture?

Post by ositstomc »

ositstomc wrote:Hi
I am running on a P4 with 1 GB of RAM and am trying out the Pico2000 card. I have connected a Sony CCD Dome cmera to channel 3 and a Sony Visca camera to channel 1 configured as Moniters using V4l2, NTSC & BGR24, set to 320X240 and now to my issues.
I have the Pico2000 card (single 878 chip) using the bttv driver, think its set to card 77 in modprob.d. If I switch the card to a Phillips saa7134 the picture is in colour, but I only have one output on this card ;-(

Anybody using this card successfully on 1.24x......thinking of binning the card. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
CoYoTe

Post by CoYoTe »

the mixed images issue in this board can be fixed easy,

in OPTIONS - CONFIG simply disable the option:

V4L_MULTI_BUFFER

The color issue,
Try RGB555 or 565 or YUV420 space color in cams. Or try V4L1.
Alejandro
ositstomc

Post by ositstomc »

Hi Coyote

Thanks for your reponse.
the mixed images issue in this board can be fixed easy,

in OPTIONS - CONFIG simply disable the option:

V4L_MULTI_BUFFER
I had already tried this but it didn't seem to have any effect, and yes I had restarted zm.
The color issue,
Try RGB555 or 565 or YUV420 space color in cams. Or try V4L1.
Have also tried V4L1 and every colour type but no luck. Did you add your card to modeprob or did you use default values?

Would like to get this card work as dont really have a bigger budget.

Thanks
leewilkes

Post by leewilkes »

ositstomic,

I have the same card as you I think, and also use ZMLarch install.

I had the same problems as you initially, but have managed to get my setup working and now it seems to be quite stable. I had to enter all the settings I found on this board in various posts in order to get the card working correctly though. If I remember correctly, here is what I have set:

in /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf -->
options bttv card=77 tuner=4 radio=0 triton1=0 vsfx=0 autoload=0

In the camera setup pages I have two cameras connected to the top two inputs and have the following configured:

General Tab --> Max FPS 5.0

Source Tab --> /dev/video0
-->Video for Linux version 1
--> 0
--> PAL
--> RGB24
--> 320 ( or 640 )
--> 240 ( or 480 )

Both channels must be exactly the same except for the channel number, and the other two channels on the card must not be configured unless you are using them. If your cameras are not PAL, then I think the essential thing to do is to ensure they are both configured exactly the same

Finally, disable V4L_MULTI_BUFFER in options, as mentioned above.

Then restart ZM or the machine, hopefully this should sort out your problems.

Lee
Kieran_Osborne

Post by Kieran_Osborne »

Woah ive spent hours googling and followed a simular method of adding modprobe but it just didnt work! Thanks for your help :D