problem starting zm

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
theone

problem starting zm

Post by theone »

hi all,
have just installed zm 1.24.1 via apt with pclinuxos and am getting this after attemting to start zoneminder =

[root@localhost ~]# service zm start
Starting ZoneMinder: /usr/lib/zm/bin/zmfix: relocation error: /usr/lib/libgnutls-openssl.so.26: symbol _gnutls_log_level, version GNUTLS_1_4 not defined in file libgnutls.so.26 with link time reference
[FAILED]
any idea's anyone,,, please,

had zm running before on the same machine (atom dual core) with no problems so can't understand why it has now hiccuped !!
Not a clue i'm afraid !!
Atom D945GCLF2 1.6 GHz x2, 2 gig Corsair 667MHz ram, 250 gig sata
kyle5434

relocation error

Post by kyle5434 »

I'm getting the exact same error. I'm using PCLinuxOS, and went through the "Encouraged Method" for setting up Zone Minder.

Everything went great until trying to start the zm service.

Code: Select all

Starting ZoneMinder: /usr/lib/zm/bin/zmfix: relocation error: /usr/lib/libgnutls  -openssl.so.26: symbol _gnutls_log_level, version GNUTLS_1_4 not defined in file   libgnutls.so.26 with link time reference
[FAILED]
Anybody have any pointers?
theone

Post by theone »

hi,
nice to see someone else struggle as well as me !! :) have you had z/m running on that same machine before ? wondering, as i have, wondered if it was to do with the database not seeing the upgrade ? even tried a reinstall of z/m and also the o/s !
keep in touch with any news,, ie if you get it running.
tnx
Not a clue i'm afraid !!
theone

Post by theone »

forgot to mention, also tried it on minime-kde3-2009.1 with the same result.
Not a clue i'm afraid !!
XB

Post by XB »

I'm having the same exact problem. About a month ago everything worked great, but since updating it always breaks at that same point. I've totally done a fresh install using minime with same result. Has anybody found a solution?
whosbob

Relocation error zmfix

Post by whosbob »

Same Here,

PCLINUXOS 2009-1

Starting ZoneMinder: /usr/lib/zm/bin/zmfix: relocation error: /usr/lib/libgnutls -openssl.so.26: symbol _gnutls_log_level, version GNUTLS_1_4 not defined in file libgnutls.so.26 with link time reference
[FAILED]

Anybody?
monex

Post by monex »

Hello,

it looks like the gnutls version differs from the linked gnutls version at build time. It looks like it was build against gnutls version 1.4 so you can verify this by checking your installed version of gnutls.

I would suggest as a workaround to build zm from source of rebuild the package.

Hope this helps