So I finely got it working

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
alf

So I finely got it working

Post by alf »

When I install on the computer I plan on using, how do I (like my windows machine) install the OS on one HD and record on another? I will use the machine only for this so when the recording HD burns out I can just put another in and start anew. I'm using the blue cherry live CD, I've asked at other linux forums and have not got an answer.

Or is that a bad idea?
chenko

Post by chenko »

A separate drive is a good idea.

I have no idea how your distro would handle it, but as soon as you have it in and mounted, just go into Options in zoneminder and change the path to that new hard drive.
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

go read up on
ln comand
fstab
lvm
alf

oh

Post by alf »

chenko wrote:A separate drive is a good idea.

I have no idea how your distro would handle it, but as soon as you have it in and mounted, just go into Options in zoneminder and change the path to that new hard drive.

Thought there was more to it than that, thanks.
scarrz

Other suggestions?

Post by scarrz »

I looked around in the options but I do not see where you can specify the second HD for ZM to record to? Please advise if there is another location, etc. I'm using 1.23.3 Thanks.
sef1976

Post by sef1976 »

Mysql & events
record for /var disk
on same dir
it point to second disk

:D
scarrz

sef1976

Post by scarrz »

Sef1976, sorry I'm a newb at Linux. Could you provide just a little more detail as to what your saying? Is this a tab inside of the options of ZM or via command line, etc?
hushpuppy

Post by hushpuppy »

I know youre using the bluecherry cd, but if you were using my cd here is what you would do.

Decide what drive or partition you want to use, and format it, ext2 / 3 or reiserfs is preferred.

Give the partition you are going to use the LABEL of casper-rw

Reboot

Job done, all changes to the system also get written to the partition.