Airlink101 SkyIPCam 747W - Working

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
Setarcos

Post by Setarcos »

noah35 wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows whether ZM 1.24.1 is now able to understand the mjpeg stream that the Airlink101 747W outputs? If not, how bad is the stream when using jpeg instead?

It would be so much better if I could use the mjpeg stream though :cry:
Airlink101 still hasn't released updated firmware that corrects the MJPEG encoding bug, so no, this camera's MJPEG mode doesn't work with any ZM release. The JPEG mode works pretty well though.
noah35

Post by noah35 »

Thanks for confirming Setarcos. You say the JPEG mode works well... but it isn't that smooth of a video feed is it, I assume? Just trying to imagine in my head how it would compare to an MJPEG feed.
Kind regards,

Noah
LCDatabase

Post by LCDatabase »

Hi friends,

Please help me open my Airlink Skyipcam 747W on the remote web brownser.

I could not open Configuration page to enable "Second HTTP Port"
as described below:

http://www.airlink101.com/support/index ... cle&id=123

I am using window XP Home, cable internet can only show my wireless cam in Network with such IP:

192.168.1.105/admin/.......

My IP on my webpage from cable is 92.180.12......
When I clicked on Setup, I could change IP from DHCP and port 81 to open inside my local network 192.168.1......

However, I can't open my Skyipcam 747W in the other browser of the other cable or dial up internet with instruction from Manual from CD or below website:

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:TjF ... =firefox-a

My Airlink101 SkyIPCam 747W is only working as a wireless and Network camera, not actually as IP or Internet camera! So I would not buy new 777W for the same problem.

Please show us step by step for people who is not very familiar with wireless networks!

Thank you
No one can remember better than a computer but no computer is more reasonable than a man. Why not use computer in the classroom examinations to help people stay in classes to learn for better sophistication.
timcraig

Post by timcraig »

LCDatabase,

To access you're Airlink camera from outside of your local network (wired or wireless), you need to configure port forwarding on your router.

First you'll want to setup your Airlink to use a static IP address. You can do this by setting a static IP address in the camera's setup page. (Alternativly, you can have the camera use DHCP and assign and IP address in the DHCP settings of your router.)

Then you want to setup a port forwarding rule in router. Forexample, you can set the incoming port to 81 and the forwarding destination to <airlink>:80.

Then you'll be able to access your camera remotly by opening a webpage to http://<your>:81.

Be advised that when you hook your camera directly to the internet like this, other people will be able to access your camera. Google's web crawlers find internet cameras and there are a lot of people who use Google to find open IP cams. So be sure to set a password on your camera. If your camera is in a super sensitive place, be warned that this camera doesn't support HTTPS so the user name and password is not encrypted. If you need to use HTTPS, you'll need to proxy the camera through a webserver or such that supports HTTPS.
LCDatabase

Post by LCDatabase »

Thank Timcrack for your help

I will look back into Airlink101 wireless router for configuration and port forwarding.
No one can remember better than a computer but no computer is more reasonable than a man. Why not use computer in the classroom examinations to help people stay in classes to learn for better sophistication.
LCDatabase

Post by LCDatabase »

Thank Timcraig for your help

I will look back into Airlink101 wireless router for configuration and port forwarding.
jmirabil

This forum is great... Just got one of these cameras...

Post by jmirabil »

Hi all,

I found the skyipcam77w for sale at $159.00, a great deal, and got one, and would like to use Zoneminder--and I found this forum with all its camera http hacks and special info, and I'm glad to be a part of this forum.

Anyone used a secondary IR illuminator to expand the night vision range of the skyipcam777W or 747W? I was guessing that along with a program like zoneminder, the night vision could be enhanced in this way.... ideas? It seems the night vision capability out of the box is only about 25 to 30 feet, whereas with an ir illuminator the nightvision will cvover the area of the illuminator, too. Seems that just about every camera has ir visibility--you can prove this by watching your ir remote "beams" with your camera...

Ideas? Any suggestions to learn about undocumented features and commands--and the use of the GPIO function, too.
PRDR

Re: Airlink101 SkyIPCam 747W - Working

Post by PRDR »

Setarcos wrote:Hi Folks,

I picked a Airlink101 SkyIPCam 747W over the weekend (on sale at Frys for $129) and already have it working with ZM to a limited extent.

Sorry about this ignorance display, but... how can I use all the info found in this thread to setup PTZ controls for the 777W cam in ZoneMinder? I have ZM 1.23.3 installed, because it is the one that (k)ubuntu 9.04 has in its reps. I alrady got zm reading the jpeg stills, but that's all I could manage to do.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Oh, one other thing. Does anybody have any idea if it is safe trying to flash this camera with the Trendnet TV-IP422W firmware (FW_TV-IP422W(1.0.0.71))? I am asking just in case anyone has any experience with this, because I wouldn't want to trash the camera just for trying to get zm to read mjpeg streams... (and some other things perhaps, somebody was complaining in a review that the audio from the camera was bad, and that Trendnet had fixed that... I actually do not think the audio quality is that bad, and not that good either, and if it can be significantly improved, that would be welcomed).
LCDatabase

Post by LCDatabase »

Thank Setarcos for the code to snap a jpg image.

Hi Timcraig,

I followed your helps and was be able to open Skyipcam 747w from a remote address other than local network.

However my View exe file was gone and I could not save after added Static the old IP address 92.180.12..... from Utility exe anymore.

I am having setup as follow:

Camera: Static IP 92.180.12....port 8080
Camera local network: 192.168.1.240:8080 is working great.

Wireless router:

DHCP enabled : IP 92.180.12...:8080

Single port fordwarding:
External port: 80. Internal port: 8080

I could not open camera from remote address anymore,

because when I opened Utility exe file and link a local IP network to change Setup and change from local IP Network to 92.180.12...:8080, It changed,

but did not save new IP from outside local network.

after changed I clicked Link to view camera, I have an old table shown local IP 192.168.1.240 again and again.

I emailed Tech Support from Airlink101, they shown me another email to get a new CD that never came.

Please help

Thank you
Livin

Post by Livin »

PRDR wrote:PS: Oh, one other thing. Does anybody have any idea if it is safe trying to flash this camera with the Trendnet TV-IP422W firmware (FW_TV-IP422W(1.0.0.71))? I am asking just in case anyone has any experience with this, because I wouldn't want to trash the camera just for trying to get zm to read mjpeg streams... (and some other things perhaps, somebody was complaining in a review that the audio from the camera was bad, and that Trendnet had fixed that... I actually do not think the audio quality is that bad, and not that good either, and if it can be significantly improved, that would be welcomed).
I tried, the loader would not allow it to install, it detects that it is not a TrendNet cam. I'd love to figure this out so if someone has please speak up :)

If anyone has the CGI_SPEC_Ver1_0_4.doc, please post it as the old links in the thread do not work anymore.

Also, I have a major noise problem.

On 2 separate 777W I've tried I get horrible background stutter-like noise over wireless, but not wired. I even bought a new router thinking that was it... it was not. I have no other wireless devices and get 100% signal to the cam.

Here's the link to the AVI showing the issue.
http://members.cox.net/livin/777W-audio-problem.avi

Anyone have any ideas?

Anyone else have this noise issue?
LCDatabase

Post by LCDatabase »

Setarcos,

Thank you for this code:

[quote="Setarcos"Hi Folks"]

Airlink101 SkyIPCam 747W
The Remote Host Name parameter with:

<username>:<password>@mycamip /cgi/jpg/image.cgi

for JPEG stills.
I am impressed.[/quote]

Can you help us with the path and name of image.jpg or point out whatever its name.jpg to upload image with Perl to the website without enabled Java, to avoid the freezed or jumped mouse problem.

We have had problems,
can you help Airlink and many of us to solve the Java problem ? So many cell phones and smart phones can access webcam without installing Java .

Thank you
PRDR

Post by PRDR »

Livin wrote: Also, I have a major noise problem.

On 2 separate 777W I've tried I get horrible background stutter-like noise over wireless, but not wired. I even bought a new router thinking that was it... it was not. I have no other wireless devices and get 100% signal to the cam.

Here's the link to the AVI showing the issue.
http://members.cox.net/livin/777W-audio-problem.avi

Anyone have any ideas?

Anyone else have this noise issue?
I get the same noise issue with that camera, actually. I did not try the sound while I was configuring it and afterwards I have always used it over a wireless connection.
In fact, I wanted to see if the Trendnet firmware could be flashed to the camera to check if that would fix that problem (apart from the issue regarding zoneminder not being able to capture the mjpeg stream directly, that we have read here). It is a shame that we can not try the Trendnet FW.

Going back to the original question, anybody knows how I could actually use the material in this thread to make ZM be able to control the PTZ commands for the camera?
Livin

Post by Livin »

Here's an updated 777W firmware (AICN777W_1.0.0-25_20090527)
- fixes video delay, does not fix audio problem over wireless
... http://www.mediafire.com/?fjtoyfwdhum

Here's the updated CGI spec from Trendnet (CGI SPEC Ver1_0_5_TrendNET-33.pdf)
... http://www.mediafire.com/?yxdfwy9w0yv

I hope some people find this useful.
PRDR

Post by PRDR »

Livin wrote:Here's an updated 777W firmware (AICN777W_1.0.0-25_20090527)

Thanks Livin! I'll try it.
PRDR

Post by PRDR »

Livin wrote:Here's an updated 777W firmware (AICN777W_1.0.0-25_20090527)

Using it right now...

I do not know what that video delay issue they fixed was, but they did not seem to fix the problem that prevented ZM from getting the mjpeg video streams from /cgi/mjpg/mjpeg.cgi.