mysql issues? Slow web performance, anyway

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
lorsungcu

mysql issues? Slow web performance, anyway

Post by lorsungcu »

I've got a few problems, and i feel like maybe theyre connected. I've got a dual 3GHz machine with 2GB of RAM, about 6TB of storage, and a dedicated physical network, using 3Com switches. Everything works (physically), and everything is dedicated, no resources are shared. There are 10 cameras up right now.
Loading pages is hugely slow; it sometimes takes 5 minutes just to bring the index page up, and often a monitor page will just not load. The events window can take up to 20-30 minutes (albeit there are quite a few events, but still). Recently i've started getting these errors when i open a monitor:

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Link to server lost, unable to reconnect in /usr/share/zoneminder/zm_db.php on line 21

is the slow performance and this connected? Is there anything I can do about either? Let me know if you need logs or other information. Thanks!
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

try giving mysql more memory to work with

[quote]Set “innodb_buffer_pool_sizeâ€
lorsungcu

Post by lorsungcu »

I just checked, and it ooks like zm is using myisam, not innodb. I increased the size anyway, and didnt notice any preformance increase. anything done on the web console is so slow it doesnt ever load, half the time. Now 2 cameras will not alarm unless forced to. something is slowly going to pot, but I dont know what. any ideas? I do get a lot of buffer overrun. I'm going to try and fix that today and see what happens.
cordel

Post by cordel »

With out an top example, and a bit more information I'm affraid the most anyone can suggest is to give a top report along with what you have for shared memory, disk space available etc.

If you have buffer over runs, it sounds like the server is over loaded some where whether it is on the CPU or the IO.