Zoneminder install DVD 1.24.x changelog

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
Andriesvn

Link Dead

Post by Andriesvn »

The link provided at the top of this page seems to be dead. Anyone Know where i can get my hands on this release?
joeinbend

Post by joeinbend »

Bump -- Same here, I'd like to be able to try this out as well!
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

I've been really busy lately working on a new mesh system for my hotspot. The DVD is still around but now resides on

http://www.wifigator.com. or at some point my own site when I finish.

It's the last option on the page and a portion of the credit goes back to Phil at Zoneminder. I put a lot of work into it and also developed a unique Wireless Mesh CCTV system to go along with the admin panel on the DVD. It also has a working VoIP phone system included on it that can be turned off if not needed.

When I get time I'll make a new build based of 1.24.2 or .3 whenever it comes out. For now 8.04 LTS Ubuntu will be supported till sometime in 2011 while 9.04 and the rest stop in 2010. My main focus is on stability and ease of use. If you want to spend hours trying to put it together or read the hundreds of pages worth of problems people have then good luck. If you want something that's easy to install, has some nice extra features, and overall works good with only minor bugs that are out of my control then the DVD is for you.

I have a KVM install of my DVD going for months now with no issues. I know some people say they have problems with the montage view and stuff locking up on Zoneminder, but I honestly use the included jZMConsole server and view everything from my Vista computer so I don't have any issues.
joeinbend

Post by joeinbend »

Coincidentally, I live in Bend also! Very small town, what are the odds :)

From browsing around the web site, it looks like you are selling this DVD, that there is no free download? I am not opposed to paying for someone's hard work, even in the realm of community software, but is there a "free" download link I am missing?
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

I did have a free version awhile back and if someone still has it out there it would be nice to get it back. I wiped a server out awhile back and never got around to making another free one. You will find plenty of CD version's with just Zoneminder and I think they are no cost, might suit you better.