Any Pre-Built Debian/Ubuntu/Fedora ISO's out there?

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
ukpbz

Any Pre-Built Debian/Ubuntu/Fedora ISO's out there?

Post by ukpbz »

Hi,

I see the DVD ISO at the start of this list but are there any proven ISO's out there of just the latest version of ZM and no VOIP?

Looking to build a home server and not too good on linux so would love to just stick a CD in the drive and build a machine with the bits already installed.

Any URLs appreciated

Thanks
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

If you decide to try ZMLarch, the just uploaded svn version resolves a lot of problems with zoneminder 1.24.1. There are also a couple of nice additions, like the qt4 based zmviewer is preinstalled. And built against libv4l zoneminder handles many webcams that wouldn't work before.

Hopefully the bleeding edge xorg version won't give too many folks grief with the display. :roll:
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

now i gonna have to go try it again.
curtishall

Re: Any Pre-Built Debian/Ubuntu/Fedora ISO's out there?

Post by curtishall »

ukpbz wrote:Hi,

I see the DVD ISO at the start of this list but are there any proven ISO's out there of just the latest version of ZM and no VOIP?

Looking to build a home server and not too good on linux so would love to just stick a CD in the drive and build a machine with the bits already installed.

Any URLs appreciated

Thanks
ZMArch is good. If you need a ubuntu ISO this beta release of 2.0 is here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/platform ... _id=200870

It's 1.24.0 build from source. We are working on a RC that uses Peter's ubuntu packages.
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

So many options,

The DVD version works and has extras such as the server for jZMConsole, zmviewer, mjpg_streamer and streaminder, and many other management tools for a wireless mesh camera system. The VoIP server is another extra, if you don't want it running it can be disabled or removed.

My main focus is creating something that works and is based on a long term distro. Have fun with Zoneminder and hope to see you up and running.
ukpbz

Post by ukpbz »

I have installed the ubunto iso as listed above and I have it working ( Although can't get USB webcams working )

How do I turn that annoying 'donate' popup window off? Doesn't matter what I click it keeps coming back

Cheers