Configuration Question - Image buffer size, event img count

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
caprio

Configuration Question - Image buffer size, event img count

Post by caprio »

Is there anyway to configure zm to record for a minimum amount of time for each event? I'd like to bracket the recording to say 15 seconds prior to alarm and 15 seconds post alarm.
I believe this is controlled by the pre/post event image count. according to the docs the pre event count should not exceed half of the Image Buffer Size. Docs state Image buffer size should not exceed 50.
Say my cameras are runnings at 10fps, Image buffer count=50 and pre/post event image count=25. This only gives me 2 1/2 seconds.

I've tried raising image buffer count to 100 which works. When set to 120 my monitor stops recording events.

Any feedback on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
mitch

Post by mitch »

So to start post event image count you can increase to whatever you want to get the number of seconds you want without issue. As for why the warning on the pre-event image count and why yours stopped working is due to buffers. Pre-event images have to be all held in your buffer, which on a lot of OS's is not very huge so if you have a decent resolution camera its going to fill up fairly fast. If you increase the buffer space ZM has to work with you will be able to increase the pre-event buffer further. See the install docs about how to do this.
MrEvoMan

Post by MrEvoMan »

Is increasing the buffer space the same as messing with the Shared Memory?

If not, can you please provide a link?

Thanks.
mitch

Post by mitch »

yes shared memory.