Does jZMConsole handle proxies

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
Islandcoz

Does jZMConsole handle proxies

Post by Islandcoz »

I am trying to get jZMConsole to work from behind my company firewall, I can access my ZoneMinder instance using a browser and with James Wilson's Viseon Viewer. Currently my Zoneminder Instance listens on port 85 not 80. Installation of both client and server went without errors, but I cannot get the jZMConsole to accept/connect to the url.

I also installed the client on a computer at home and the URL was accepted, but I was unable to logon.

I am looking forward to testing this client so any help I get would be appreciated.

BTW: the is no info in the jZMConsole.log file
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

It currently does not directly handle proxies, but it is fairly easy for me to add that.

I will look in to a quick fix for the port issue.

Andy
Islandcoz

Post by Islandcoz »

Thanks
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

Did you try specifying the port in the URL, for example http://www.example.com:85 ?
Islandcoz

Post by Islandcoz »

Yes I did, this worked at home on the same network, and I got to the login screen, but all login attempts failed.

However this did not work from my work PC which is behind a proxy
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

Do you have OPT_USE_AUTH checked in your ZM System Options? If not, this will cause logins to fail.

If you are running the client on Linux, you can set the proxy in the jzmconsole startup script.

Edit the script, and change:

Code: Select all

java -jar $JZMC_CLIENT_HOME/jZMConsole.jar
To:

Code: Select all

java -Dhttp.proxyHost=webcache.mydomain.com -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080 -jar $JZMC_CLIENT_HOME/jZMConsole.jar
Islandcoz

Post by Islandcoz »

I do have authorizations checked, and I am attempting to get the client to run on XP, have not tried it on linux yet.

I even added a special user to use from the JavaConsole, but I still cannot logon from the machine on the same network
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

Do you get the "Bad Password" message on the login screen, or does it go beyond that?
Islandcoz

Post by Islandcoz »

I let login failed message
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

What version of ZM are you running?
Islandcoz

Post by Islandcoz »

I am running v1.22.2 installed from a liveCD
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

I had some of the same errors you mentioned when I was testing this on my install DVD. I'll try and take a look at it again and see what I did to fix it. You might find a hint off of stuff I put in the main jzmc section. It's all working now on my 1.24.x dvd, atleast the server side portion. I've tested XP, Vista, and Windows 7 and have had no problems running it.
Islandcoz

Post by Islandcoz »

thanks