jZMConsole V0.2B Available

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

newvisionantenna wrote:I turned debug on within the jzmc client on vista but I'm not sure where the log is.
It should be C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Temp\jZMConsole.log
newvisionantenna wrote:Another thing that is strange is the video is 640x480 but in jzmc the picture is huge. I can maximize the windows and the video follows and basically fills up the entire window. I didn't try it with more then one feed so I'm not sure how I would be able to see all the displays if it stayed big like that.
Yes, one thing I need to address is that monitors can be stretched to any size, but can not be made smaller than their defined size, in this case 640x480. I'm working on that, it shouldn't be a major problem.

Andy
noah35

Post by noah35 »

Hi ahagadorn,

Just wanted to confirm with you. Since this is written in Java, it can be installed on a Mac, correct?
Kind regards,

Noah
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

noah35 wrote:Just wanted to confirm with you. Since this is written in Java, it can be installed on a Mac, correct?
Unfortunately, probably not. The problem is the Java Media Framework (JMF). They have 4 versions; "Cross Platform",Optimized for Linux, Optimized for Windows, and Optimized for Solaris. I have tried the "Cross Platform" version, and it appears to be missing most of the codecs, including MJPEG which is what I am using.

I will look and see if anyone in the Java community has a workaround. If you want, Google for yourself, and if you come up with anything, let me know.

Andy
punk_ecas

Post by punk_ecas »

Hi Andy,

I already have on my mobile client of ZM a event player, but I can't control the playing event. Since you have that feature on your jZMConsole, could you please give me some tips how you do that?

When I tell control, I'm talking about seeking the event play. Pause or even next/prev frame.

Thanks in advance!
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

The controls and video display are built using the Java media framework, available at http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies ... media/jmf/

Andy
punk_ecas

Post by punk_ecas »

That I've seen! But I can't use that framework because I'm using .net cf c#.

What I wanted to know is how you control the zms streaming server to pause and seek the events. Or don't you use the zms?

I'm trying to get it by http get a link like this:
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/zm/index.php?vie ... &command=1

But probably this is not the better way.

Thanks
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

The way jZMC displays events is that the server side first converts them to Quicktime movies. Once converted, they have the timing information necessary to be displayed by various media readers, including JMF.

Andy
punk_ecas

Post by punk_ecas »

ahagadorn wrote:The way jZMC displays events is that the server side first converts them to Quicktime movies. Once converted, they have the timing information necessary to be displayed by various media readers, including JMF.

Andy
Ok! So on the client side you download the movie and play it. You don't use streaming for event play. Is it? Or you use your own streaming server to send the movie into jZMC?

If I have to download the entire movie to the mobile, it will be painful through the low bandwidth connection and the reduced available space of PDA when you want to see a big event.

Thanks.
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

The events don't stream, but the live feeds do. I had to write a datasource that would read the streams and feed them to the media player.

The events start to display as soon as the connection is made, so it doesn't have to wait until it is fully downloaded. I have played ZM "Continuous" (Tape) events over a very slow connection, and they start in a few seconds. It will keep up over a slow connection if the frame rate is fairly low. Once the event plays once, it is fully downloaded, so you can do forward and reverse seeks using the slider, frame by frame, etc, plus you can save it locally.

Andy
punk_ecas

Post by punk_ecas »

Thanks for the tip!

First I'll try to control de streaming of zms, it has the commands I need. And I guess it is the method that original zmconsole uses.
By now It is working +/-. I have a problem when I pause the stream, after a timeout, my player returns to the beginning and starts playing alone.
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

It's been awhile, still testing out the ptz function. I set everything back up for another test and with the camera controllable in ZM with the Orbit AF and mjpg_streamer.pm file it's not working in the jZMConsole. Sorry, forgot to capture the error outputs but when I have time again I'll capture it. Just wondered if you have continued updates coming to work with that resolution thing.
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

Aaron, I know why your PTZ doesn't work, and I am fixing it in the next release. THE PTZ code is getting redone. My own PTZ camera (TrendNet TV-IP400W) was defective and has been at Trendnet for the last 3 weeks. It is scheduled to be delivered back to me today.

I have also rewritten the resizing routines, and it works MUCH better now. Aspect ratio is maintained accurately, and there are no more scroll bars in the montage view, it automatically fills the frame but does not exceed it.

I also added the status (Idle,Alert,Alarm,Tape) and ZM fps display, as requested by someone else earlier.

I've gotten a little sidetracked, but I will be releasing it soon.

Andy
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

This is great news, if you don't mind I would like to roll out an update for my DVD. I'll get it all working here locally and dialed in and then get it out to others with my install. The work you are doing on that is just amazing and worth it's wait in gold, now more then ever with everyone seeing issues in the ZM montage view and watching cam's using the web interface. So far I haven't had a single issue with camera feeds using your server/client combo.
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

newvisionantenna wrote:So far I haven't had a single issue with camera feeds using your server/client combo.
I have actually tested jZMC montage and cycle views for over 48 hours straight to make sure there were no memory leaks. I haven't had it die yet.

Andy
Islandcoz

Does jZMConsole handle proxies

Post by Islandcoz »

I am trying to get jZMConsole to work from behind my company firewall, I can access my ZoneMinder instance using a browser and with James Wilson's Viseon Viewer. Currently my Zoneminder Instance listens on port 85 not 80. Installation of both client and server went without errors, but I cannot get the jZMConsole to accept/connect to the url.

I also installed the client on a computer at home and the URL was accepted, but I was unable to logon.

I am looking forward to testing this client so any help I get would be appreciated.

BTW: the is no info in the jZMConsole.log file

Thanks