direct urls?

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
TimboUK

direct urls?

Post by TimboUK »

Hi, is there any info on how to create a direct url for (eg) the following-

automatically log in and open a window of the montage using stills an not streaming?

I ask because I am accessing the server from my phone (mda vario2) and it takes time to log in etc.

One link in my favourites to open the monitors would be cool!
cordel

Post by cordel »

http://<yoururl>/index.php?view=montage&format=xhtml&group=0&user=<youruser>&password=<yourpassword>
Adjust the format to what you usualy use (html/xhtml) as well as the group you may have setup etc.
As far as still images, that is all you are able to recieve on a mobile phone. Streams currently are not possible.
TimboUK

Post by TimboUK »

Many thanks Cordel for that. I have only just popped back and seen the reply ;)
Last edited by TimboUK on Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJN

Post by MJN »

When I try that (or a variation thereof) I'm still be prompted for the username/password - should this definitely work as intended?

Mathew
cordel

Post by cordel »

Yeah, forgot that it should be &pass=<userpassword> and not &password=
DREMA

Post by DREMA »

Hello!
Is there any changes with this urls? because I can't get it to work on my mobile phone or my browser.

Thanks!
coke

Phones and streaming

Post by coke »

Why doesn't it stream to phones, like safari on my iPhone? Whatever my Axis cameras push out on the live viewer works fine if I go directly to the camera, even over 3G I get very near real-time. (Which is wonderful for setting up camera angles) What's ZM streaming differently?
lost

Post by lost »

I haven't looked into it that much, but it looks like ZM determines how it streams images partially based on what browser you are using. You probably have cambozola enabled. I think what is happening is ZM treats safari/iphone as ie and tries to use cambozola which doesn't work. To get around this you can disable cambozola or change some code so ZM treats safari like mozilla instead of ie.

In zm_funcs.php change

Code: Select all

function isNetscape()
{
        getBrowser( $browser, $version );

return( $browser == "mozilla");
}
to

Code: Select all

function isNetscape()
{
        getBrowser( $browser, $version );

return( $browser == "mozilla" || $browser =="safari" );
}
There is probably a better way of doing thing, like making a isSafari function and using it in the canStreamNative(). I don't know, im not a PHP guy and haven't looked at ZM too close but it worked for me. There are other threads on how people have gotten zm to work on an iphone too.