Possible bug - rtp - can't set username and password

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
netwrkr

Possible bug - rtp - can't set username and password

Post by netwrkr »

It appears the username and password "Admin" "123456" is hard coded and thus you are unable to define the real settings when using RTP with 1.24.

Tom
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Yikes! That slipped by. That's the problem with only having ACTi cams to try out.

Fixed now but I can't find the patch I submitted to ffmpeg so no username/passwords will work properly at present until I track down where it has gone.
Phil
netwrkr

Post by netwrkr »

As an aside, will RTP streaming be more or less CPU intensive than MJPG?

Thanks for the excellent product!

Tom
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

netwrkr wrote:As an aside, will RTP streaming be more or less CPU intensive than MJPG?

Thanks for the excellent product!

Tom
The CPU usage will be noticeably less for RTSP rather then MJPEG
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
netwrkr

Post by netwrkr »

Yeah; I just switched 9 Axis cameras from MJPEG to RTSP. The drop in CPU load is pretty dramatic. Most of the cameras were chewing 10% CPU (on a dual core 2.33Ghz) and now are using 3 - 4%. Very nice.

Tom
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

Anyone have one of these newer RTSP devices I could try on a demo I've put together? I don't have one at the moment and would like to try it out even with the password bug which I'm sure I can update down the road.
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

newvisionantenna wrote:Anyone have one of these newer RTSP devices I could try on a demo I've put together? I don't have one at the moment and would like to try it out even with the password bug which I'm sure I can update down the road.
An ACTi camera is available here:

** Edit: Camera offline for now...PM if you need a demo. **

The bitrate is set low and the QoS is also pretty high as not to piss off our fiber carrier's uplink.
Last edited by curtishall on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
newvisionantenna

Thanks, works on my DVD build and the VPS demo like a champ. Is that the inside or your shop or something? Picture quality looks amazing, probably alittle to much for all these camera's I'm messing with.

We'll I did get picture, now I'm messing with it to see what's up.
newvisionantenna

Big time cpu difference in trying your camera out with mpeg4 and some of the others I've tested. I've got yours up and running steady now, just throttled back on the fps. I notice that the feed from the orbit running at 960x720 is killer on the cpu compared to the ACTI. I'm sure it's just the resolution cause the picture was just amazing. I think I caught a quick glimpse of you guys inside that room :)
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

newvisionantenna wrote:Thanks, works on my DVD build and the VPS demo like a champ. Is that the inside or your shop or something? Picture quality looks amazing, probably alittle to much for all these camera's I'm messing with.

We'll I did get picture, now I'm messing with it to see what's up.
I believe the camera you were looking at was the ACM-3001...it's in our shipping center in the back part of our office.

ACTi has good stuff and good picture quality :)
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

zoneminder wrote:Yikes! That slipped by. That's the problem with only having ACTi cams to try out.

Fixed now but I can't find the patch I submitted to ffmpeg so no username/passwords will work properly at present until I track down where it has gone.
It appears that my RTSP authentication patch has not in fact gone into ffmpeg as you. I will post it up in case anyone wants to use cams with authentication that is different than the ACTi default.
Phil
newvisionantenna

Just wondering if the patch has went into ffmpeg yet. I was messing with the SVN release today and tried to apply the patch. It had a hunk fail on the second file it was trying to patch. I should have captured what it said but I didn't think about it till later.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I don't think it is in yet but they appear to have messed around with rtsp.h so the patch no longer works. However the change in rtsp.h is only one line and it is easy enough to add manually for now.
Phil
ladislav2

Post by ladislav2 »

Hi,

I have problem with the authentication too. I have AVI201 camera. My parameters:

Remote Protocol : RTSP
Remote Method : RTP/RTSP
Remote Host Name : admin:admin@192.168.1.10
Remote Host Port : 554
Remote Host Path : /live/mpeg4
Remote Host SubPath

Connecting with QuickTime player is ok, but I have to type admin/admin in the popup box. \
With ZoneMinder I get everytime:

Code: Select all

Mar 14 17:11:14 camera1 zmc_m1[13862]: INF [Starting Capture]
Mar 14 17:11:14 camera1 zmc_m1[13862]: ERR [Unable to open input 'rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.1.10:554']
Mar 14 17:11:19 camera1 zmc_m1[13862]: FAT [No RTSP sources]
Mar 14 17:11:19 camera1 zmc_m1[13862]: INF [Got signal 6 (Aborted), exiting and forcing backtrace]
Mar 14 17:11:19 camera1 zmc_m1[13862]: ERR [Signal address is (nil), from 0xb7f8f424]
M
Where could be a problem ?
cordel

Post by cordel »

Have you applied the patch mentioned above?