Zoneminder install DVD 1.24.x (3/7/2011)

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
newvisionantenna

Zoneminder install DVD 1.24.x (3/7/2011)

Post by newvisionantenna »

update 3/7/2011

updated install dvd with new,

ffmpeg
h264
zoneminder 1.24.3 svn 3310
foscam control script
32bit DVD (for now)
10.04.2 Ubuntu

Tested and working great with four foscam pan/tilt cameras. Easy install and every function I could test worked flawless. Provide feedback and I'll look at adding things as needed. I haven't tested it, but it should work just fine with the Iphone App as the server portion is included in this build.

***important*** After install you should be able to reach the web interface of Zoneminder using http://ip-of-server/zm or http://127.0.0.1/zm. Make sure you enable user/password based management under the options section to better secure your install.

Enjoy!

http://www.awdmesh.com/zoneminder-installation-dvd/
Last edited by newvisionantenna on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:38 am, edited 75 times in total.
cordel

Post by cordel »

Post the link for the download, I'm sure there are some that are willing to try :)
newvisionantenna

Sorry for posting in the wrong area earlier, I'll have a link up soon. It's roughly 1.6 gb in size, but I'll try and shrink it down some. The size mainly comes from the KDE4 desktop and various tools included. The DVD is a stripped down version of another project I help someone with, so I'll try and clean it up.
jrusi

Post by jrusi »

newvisionantenna wrote:Thanks :)

Sorry for posting in the wrong area earlier, I'll have a link up soon. It's roughly 1.6 gb in size, but I'll try and shrink it down some. The size mainly comes from the KDE4 desktop and various tools included. The DVD is a stripped down version of another project I help someone with, so I'll try and clean it up.
Hi, I'd love to download this dvd, got any link yet?

Thanks in advance :)
Tom
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

If anyone wants to test our xUbuntu ZoneMinder-1.24-rc2722 build ISO I'm almost finished with it. The file size is ~600mb and is based on xUbuntu 8.04.

I was kicking around a bug with mksquashfs all day but got that fixed so hopefully it'll be ready this week

jrusi wrote:
newvisionantenna wrote:Thanks :)

Hi, I'd love to download this dvd, got any link yet?

Thanks in advance :)
Tom
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
newvisionantenna

edit: Moved post to the top.
Last edited by newvisionantenna on Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.
nombrandue

Post by nombrandue »

Ok, I got the liveDVD downloaded, and I have hit a wall, rather hard. To do some of the admin stuff, I need the passwords, and I have no clue what they would be for this. Outside of that, and the lagged black screen of mystery on boot, it is looking good.
Chuck D

Post by Chuck D »

All of the passwords and the instructions of how to change them are in the icon on the desktop that says "mysql_password.txt"

And I know newvisionantenna said it can be run as a live DVD, but do not run it as a live DVD.. Install it to the HDD by selecting the 3rd choice in the first boot screen and just install this thing.. I don't think it will even work properly without installing it.. It will come up to the desktop in Live mode, but the install icon on the desktop will not work.. I don't think much else will work either..

Just do the install to the HDD... period..

Also, the reason the screen goes black is because you are running a monitor with a low refresh rate... But since this is a server and not a desktop, it should not matter..

If you want the high resolution screen, user a monitor with a refresh rate higher than 75Hz..

As long as we are at it, I threw the DVD together as a demo for you guys with newvisionantenna and I left the activate server icon on the desktop by accident.. Do not click that icon or it will make it so now you HAVE to activate the server or reinstall the DVD.. Just leave that icon alone and we will make a new build with that removed after you guys give a little feedback about this one..

Chuck D
Last edited by Chuck D on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
newvisionantenna

For anyone trying to download the DVD, the link has now changed and reflects the most current 2737 fixes.

From here on out we aim to provide automatic updates in the same fashion windows updates works. This will help keep everyone up to date with the latest 1.24 without redownloading a DVD or trying to start from scratch.

While your waiting for the download link to become active, the demo link above from Chuck D is active and reflects the newest DVD.

"Link will return once I verify it uploaded completely, sorry for any trouble"
Last edited by newvisionantenna on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
robi

Post by robi »

Any link to download from?
v1.25.0 + Ubuntu Linux 12.04 Server
Chuck D

Post by Chuck D »

I stayed up most of the night working with newvisiona antenna to rebuild the iso and fix the things we found wrong with the first one, so that is uploading now and it will be at the download server at 2pm pacific time today..

That is 3 1/2 hours from now..

The link will be right here when it is ready in a few hours...

Chuck
newvisionantenna

The link is back up for the newest DVD. It took longer to upload this time, but it's now there for everyone to try out.
Last edited by newvisionantenna on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
cordel

Post by cordel »

I'd check you version scheme as it's gong to conflict with actual releases ;)
newvisionantenna

Good point, I'll bring that up with Chuck. We just wanted to keep track of what DVD build we did. We planned on offering updates for the DVD as new 1.24 builds came out. I can see where this could get confusing.

I notice some people adding Axis cams to Chuck D's test server. I thought I'd play around with them myself and test out our build. It looks like I might have to apply the update I see mentioned in the forums for using 640x480 res. If you have a moment take a look and see what you think.
cordel

Post by cordel »

Since your doing disk versioning it would be okay to have your own versions, I see no problem there but if you want reference to what ZM is on the base disk then append it to the end of the version ie zm-1-24-rc2634-1.

As for the settings for memory space, the most advantageous would be to enable the mapping to a ramdisk. I personally still like the shared memory myself but settings for both still depend on what ram is available, what else needs to be able to use it, and what settings cameras are set to so it really requires human input to get this tuned right either way.

Also something to keep and eye on is diff the databases. these RC have no upgrade path so you'll have to manage it on your own if your going to actually do rolling updates with them. I'll try to keep an eye on it and let you know but that assumes I see it before you do :lol: