24/7 modetect but emails only from 19:00 till 07:00

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
c0mputerking

24/7 modetect but emails only from 19:00 till 07:00

Post by c0mputerking »

Hello all i am trying to build a filter that will send emails apon motion detection for a single camera between the hours of 7pm and 8am only. I cannot use running states for this as i would still like the motion data recorded just not sent as an email.

Have never really been very good at the logic/math stuff, so far this is what i have been able to come up with

Monitor Name equal to OutsideFront
and Frames greater than 3
and Time greater than 19:00

Email details of all matches: checked

This works for things up till midnight but I do not know how to deal with midnight till 07:00 also having difficulty making the filter stop sending after 07:00.

Has anyone got something like this setup?? I noticed there are brackets and match/does not match stuff but tried a bunch of combos and now my head hurts heehee

ps thanks in advance
cordel

Post by cordel »

add:
or time less than 07:00

Should do the trick.
c0mputerking

Post by c0mputerking »

Thanks Cordel I have fully implemented your suggestion and will know for sure if things are working tomorrow.
c0mputerking

Post by c0mputerking »

Ok i have the below rule set up now, but strangely it does not start sending emails until after midnight has anyone else encountered this? It should begin at 19:00 but my first email last night was at 00:27 please help I really need this feature to work!!

Monitor Name equal to OutsideFront
and Frames greater than 3
and Time greater than 19:00
or Time less than 08:00

Email details of all matches: checked

PS thanks to everyone who has contributed to the the fantastic Zoneminder Project, and without this fourm my life with Zoneminder would be truly bleak heehee
kevin_robson

Post by kevin_robson »

I dont know why it isn't working, but I suggest you set up a normal filter (without emailing) in order to test what events it shows. Once you get this working you can get it to email afterwards. This will save you having to wait until the next day in order to see if it it working.
You may need brackets around the OR statement on the times - canot remember whether and or or takes priority.