AGC, BLC, White Balance On/Off

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
baxterdmutt

AGC, BLC, White Balance On/Off

Post by baxterdmutt »

I have some Q-see cameras and the CRAPPY manual say AGC: On/OFF, White Balance: On/Off and BLC: On/Off. It doesn't say how to turn these things on/off just that you can.
Is this something I can do in Zoneminder? How?

Don't make fun of my Q-see cameras. They are crap, but all I can afford!:roll:

Thanks
cordel

Post by cordel »

Do they have a model number?
Usually there is a set of dip switch's or pots on the camera to set these unless they are IP cams.
baxterdmutt

Post by baxterdmutt »

cordel wrote:Do they have a model number?
Usually there is a set of dip switch's or pots on the camera to set these unless they are IP cams.
Model QSC48030. No dip switches. That's why I asked about software control. Thanks. I wouldn't recommend Q-See cameras. I have had several replacements, and still have one that goes black one in a while. Dealing with Q-see for warranty returns is almost impossible.
cordel

Post by cordel »

Unfortunately, it would seem that their specs are misleading if you can not find any dip switches or pots on it. There is no way to control CCTV cams over the coax. They transmit video only and have no method to receive anything.

Looks like they could use a proper translator for their manual as it's kinda funny:
q-see.com/files/manuals/QSC48030-MANUAL.pdf

I'd be curious to know if any one else has had any luck with these cams so I can do a proper blurb in the wiki. I notice they are flooding the market with them around here and you see them almost at every retail outlet.
baxterdmutt

Post by baxterdmutt »

cordel wrote:...

I'd be curious to know if any one else has had any luck with these cams so I can do a proper blurb in the wiki. I notice they are flooding the market with them around here and you see them almost at every retail outlet.
The ones I have came from Costco (fortunately) because they have already gone back 3 times. If you were to try and contact Q-see, at least in my case, they never answered. I sent over 15 emails and left 4 phone messages.