Primitive tracking system?

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
lf11

Primitive tracking system?

Post by lf11 »

I'd like to set up a subject-tracking system (keep a microphone pointed at him as he moves around).

Right off the top of my head, I thought of setting up 6 or 8 zones and writing some code to generate different events based on *which* zone was triggered. Is that possible?

Or is there a better way to do it?

chris
laad

Re: Primitive tracking system?

Post by laad »

I suppose you may try to use left-top and right-bottom boundaries of blobs (might be of use to check their size, to avoid uninteresting ones) (which are calculated in code responsible for detection) and then pass this information (mean value) via shared memory or whatever to your own program.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Hi Chris,

If you have the 'record event stats' configuration option switched on then the extents of the detected motion are recorded in there Stats table of the database. This is done on a per zone per frame basis so this might be more useful to you if you have one large zone as this will reduce the number of records you have to check and will make the x,y values more closely correspond with your image.

Having said that, a grid of smaller zones might also be useful but in this case you would still have to check the Stats table to see which zone was triggered.

Unfortunately both methods require you to continuously track the database but unless you're after instant response this may be acceptable.

I will consider how this information may be made more accessible, for instance as suggested by Borodin above.

Cheers,

Phil,
lf11

Post by lf11 »

I was hoping for instant (or close to it - 1 sec) response.

Borodin's answer will give a quick response but Phil's opens up the possibility of speed and accuracy. Let me ask a different question: Can I intercept the data going to the database (are there hooks to do that, or do I write them?)

Thanks again,

chris