Airlink101 SkyIPCam 747W - Working

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
Setarcos

Re: Trendnet tv-ip422

Post by Setarcos »

killbilly wrote:I can see the jpeg image in a web browser. But ZM will either show a black image or fail to load any image.

What is the performance difference in zoneminder between jpeg and mjpeg? Will ZM still detect motion when using JPEGs? This is the only IP camera on the network.
Does the resolution of the image match ZM's set resolution? Is PCRE support off? (this doesn't work properly with many IP cams)

For other cameras I think MJPEG is a bit faster, but until FitiVision fixes their MIME encoding and the OEMs release updated firmware, MJPEG with ZM is a no-op for their cameras. You will probably be better off when ZM 1.24 comes out, as it will support RTSP. ZM motion detection works just fine with JPEG mode though.
Shirka

Post by Shirka »

Hi,

The CGI Spec document from the TrendNet support. :P

I hope this is helpful for the Airlink101 SkyIPCam 747 and the TrendNet TV-IP322(W), TV-IP422(W). :wink:

Bye.
Setarcos

Post by Setarcos »

Shirka wrote:Hi,

The CGI Spec document from the TrendNet support. :P
Thanks Shirka! This is truly useful info.
timcraig

Post by timcraig »

The 747w is on sale at Fry's for today and tomorrow for $150 ($50 off their usual price).

I picked one up today. The Fry's in Palo Alto had at least 4 more on the shelf.

Airlink should Setarcos some sort of commission, because I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't know for sure it worked with Zoneminder. :P
Setarcos

Post by Setarcos »

timcraig wrote:The 747w is on sale at Fry's for today and tomorrow for $150 ($50 off their usual price).

I picked one up today. The Fry's in Palo Alto had at least 4 more on the shelf.

Airlink should Setarcos some sort of commission, because I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't know for sure it worked with Zoneminder. :P

Hehe, I might have to go pick up a few more ;)

Hopefully over the holidays I will have a chance to clean up the audio I/O code....
airlinker78

Airlink101 747W question.....

Post by airlinker78 »

I have a AirLink101 SkyIPCam 747W. I have this setup in my garage and it points to the street so I can monitor who is messing around outside of my house. This works great in the day time but when night comes around the infrared lights switch on and all I see is the light reflection of the garage window glass. My question is there anyway to disable the infrared lights or light sensor? Camera is great other than that. Please help. Thanks
cordel

Post by cordel »

If there is no switch to turn them off either physically or in programming, then maybe two options.
:arrow: Move the camera out from behind the glass.
:arrow: Put black electrical tape over the IR LEDs (suggested)

:!: Warning, the following may break your camera and I or ZoneMinder take no responsibility should you break your camera. This should only be attempted by someone with good electronics knowledge. :!:
:arrow: Open the camera and cut the wire or trace that provides the IR LEDs power (not suggested)
airlinker78

Post by airlinker78 »

I put electrical tape over the lights, works perfect. Thanks for the info.
elieocca

Unable to FTP or email from SkyIPCam 747W

Post by elieocca »

I found your thread browsing the net and figured I will ask my question about not being able to email or ftp from the camera. I adjusted everythihng in the settings and it should work. This was a camera I bought from Fry's and the current firmware version on it is 1.0.0 build: 17. I called support and they were not help.
cordel wrote:If there is no switch to turn them off either physically or in programming, then maybe two options.
:arrow: Move the camera out from behind the glass.
:arrow: Put black electrical tape over the IR LEDs (suggested)

:!: Warning, the following may break your camera and I or ZoneMinder take no responsibility should you break your camera. This should only be attempted by someone with good electronics knowledge. :!:
:arrow: Open the camera and cut the wire or trace that provides the IR LEDs power (not suggested)
sercik

Post by sercik »

Hi!
excuse me but which is differences between jpg and mjpg?
it is possible to record a video in jpg or only obtain picture?
sercik

Post by sercik »

sorry for the double post.
which fps do you obtain with that camera using jpg mode??
timcraig

Post by timcraig »

mjpg is a video stream an IP camera can provide. jpg is just a snapshot of what the camera sees.

Zoneminder can capture mjpg streams and jpg stills. It's more efficient to capture a mjpg stream than constantly capturing jpg stills. Zonemider will be able to capture a mjpg stream at a higher frame rate than it would if it was capturing single jpg images.

Not all mjpg cameras work with Zoneminder and hence you'll be stuck with just capture jpg stills at a lower frame rate. Right now the Airlink 747W doesn't provide an mjpg stream that Zoneminder can understand and so your' stuck with just capturing jpg stills. You get a frame rate of around 3.00 fps-5.00 fps. The trendnet version of these cameras have a new firmware that uses a Zoneminder supported mjpg stream so you might want to look at the trendnet cameras instead. So far it looks like Airlink is not going to update their camera's firmware.
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

timcraig wrote: The trendnet version of these cameras have a new firmware that uses a Zoneminder supported mjpg stream so you might want to look at the trendnet cameras instead. So far it looks like Airlink is not going to update their camera's firmware.
You are correct. We have started to carry the TRENDnet version because of this issue with their MJPEG streams.
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
Setarcos

Post by Setarcos »

curtishall wrote:
timcraig wrote: The trendnet version of these cameras have a new firmware that uses a Zoneminder supported mjpg stream so you might want to look at the trendnet cameras instead. So far it looks like Airlink is not going to update their camera's firmware.
You are correct. We have started to carry the TRENDnet version because of this issue with their MJPEG streams.
Thats unfortunate. Airlink you snooze, you loose...
noah35

Post by noah35 »

Just wondering if anyone knows whether ZM 1.24.1 is now able to understand the mjpeg stream that the Airlink101 747W outputs? If not, how bad is the stream when using jpeg instead?

It would be so much better if I could use the mjpeg stream though :cry:
Kind regards,

Noah