How to view streams on another webserver without exposing ZM

A place for discussion of topics that are not specific to ZoneMinder. This could include Linux, Video4Linux, CCTV cameras or any other topic.
baxterdmutt

Post by baxterdmutt »

maciekc wrote:new version - 0.4
Now I'm using xvideo extension to display images - it should be compatible with every new graphics card - I have RIVA TNT, and it works without any problems.
Now you are able to display up to 32 monitors they are automatically adjusted, positioned, and resized to perfectly fit the screen or window size.
Usage is the same as in 0.3 except options -w -h - they specify window width and height. If they are not specified - window size is your resolution(fullscreen). When you change window size monitors are also resized.

Please test it, and tell if there are any bugs.
My next goal is to make simple GUI with buttons.
http://dig.hopto.org/xlib_shm/

If you want a screenshot please write. I will make one for you.

ps. maybe I should change the name and start new topic zm_gui? What do you think?
Is there a way to sent the result out a tcp port instaed of the screen, so it can be viewed on the web?
cordel

Post by cordel »

baxterdmutt wrote: Is there a way to sent the result out a tcp port instaed of the screen, so it can be viewed on the web?
That's what zms does. You can create a html page and use zms to lay it out any way you like.
baxterdmutt

Post by baxterdmutt »

cordel wrote:
baxterdmutt wrote: Is there a way to sent the result out a tcp port instaed of the screen, so it can be viewed on the web?
That's what zms does. You can create a html page and use zms to lay it out any way you like.
What I want to do is just have the live video placed on a web site. I don't want any of the ZM controls to be available. Just 1,2,3 or 4 small video streams to view. How do I do that?
cordel

Post by cordel »

You would likely need to configure a proxy then in your other web server or setup a multicast server of some type depending on how much traffic you expect.
baxterdmutt

Post by baxterdmutt »

cordel wrote:You would likely need to configure a proxy then in your other web server or setup a multicast server of some type depending on how much traffic you expect.
Sorry, I'm fairly new to this. Even if I set up a proxy or Multicast, how do I just display the feed and none of the zm contols.