Interval Image Extraction from ZoneMinder Surveillance Feeds

Add any particular hints or tricks you have found to help with your ZoneMinder experience.
socsuser

Interval Image Extraction from ZoneMinder Surveillance Feeds

Post by socsuser »

I am trying to use ZoneMinder to not only record video for surveillance, but also to send an image per each camera out to a web server every 5-10 seconds so that a certain group of users will be able to see a frequently updated image of an area through a username and password.

What is the best way to extract an image as such from ZoneMinder on such an interval basis for this use?
cordel

Post by cordel »

There are several ways to go about this,
:arrow: You can use zmu to pull an image from each monitor and upload through a script run by cron on the ZM machine. Probably the most secure method.
:arrow: You can use wget or curl on the web server run by cron to pull and image through zms via the url.
:arrow: Or you can code into the page on the web server to pull one static jpeg image if ZM is accessable on the WAN. Of course this probably is not ideal as then anyone can see where your zm machine is.

There are ways to do it without cron as well.

I'd personaly opt for the first sugestion and uplaod via ftp or sftp.
socsuser

Post by socsuser »

cordel wrote:There are several ways to go about this,
:arrow: You can use zmu to pull an image from each monitor and upload through a script run by cron on the ZM machine. Probably the most secure method.
I'd personaly opt for the first sugestion and uplaod via ftp or sftp.
Excellent. Indeed, this does sound like the most attractive method. Is there a sample of doing this floating around or is it documented anywhere? Just wanting to catch my footing quickly as I have a tight deadline.

Thanks!!!