Windows Live Viewer..27-11-05 Now Complete Frontend for ZM!!

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
Beofres

Post by Beofres »

Damn you Cordel, got here before I could! :wink:

Posted results of my 'test' and it was a no go. However, I'm gonna try setting auth to allow my LAN subnet through but ask for credentials for everyone else. I'll bother you some more if I can't get it to work :P

edit: Cordel, your recommendation worked!

this is the code I used in a .htaccess file (learn apache if this is all nonsense to you)
This scenario wasn't mentioned specifically in the apache manual.

Code: Select all

AuthType Basic     #Specifies type of auth, in this case basic HTTP, duh
AuthName "Private"    # Can be your own text, specifies the realm, for informing user i.e. "ZoneMinder console"
AuthUserFile <location of your authorized user file on your box>
Require valid-user   # Tells us the user must be in the file above
Order Deny,Allow    # Order of processing commands
Deny from all     # Deny everything!
Allow from 172.16.37.0/255.255.0.0    # ....Unless it matches this range/subnet mask
Satisfy any    # Act accordingly to any rule

Taken from here.

-Beofres
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

good cos i dont even understand what your trying to do lol
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
robsmiler

Post by robsmiler »

jameswilson wrote:good cos i dont even understand what your trying to do lol
Just in short AFAIKS: That's a modified apache.conf - seems to let all LAN users in, but no 'outsiders'.

rob*
juperr

Post by juperr »

ee the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
at ViseonViewer2.dualHead.Timer2_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///d:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ViseonViewer2
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Juper/Ustawienia%20lokalne/Apps/2.0/Z1DPH71X.J6Z/W9NDTXEC.EPG/vise..tion_0a282930b5e4c390_0001.0000_a79f16572bc46a93/ViseonViewer2.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system>
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

:?: :?:
bukowski

admin rights

Post by bukowski »

hallo

i install viseonviewer on win xp, i run it without administrator rights but nothing to see in cam windows, when i run it as administrator everything is ok. could you help where set rights.

thanx fo reply
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

Re the error above, i think i can track that down, i will work on it and release an update

re the not working as a non administrator.
Once you have installed .net etc then the viewer application will need to be insytalled for each login.

ZM4ms will work on restricted user accounts but must be installed by that user on that login.
The reason for this is to allow different settings for each logged in user. ie restricting camera views on staff login but allowing all cams on your login.
Also allows for your own custom views wtc

James
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
Jason_Bassett

Post by Jason_Bassett »

Hello

I downloaded Viseon Viewer from www.jpwilson.eu but upon loading it asks for a password and username.

Am I unable to use this application?

J
Last edited by Jason_Bassett on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corrilan IT Consultancy Ltd
http://www.corrilan.com
01375 403508
enquiries@corrilan.com
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

jason

please please search the form

if you search for 'zm4ms password' you will see how often it asked

but as im told off for pointing it out
its admin and admin
James Wilson

dbol

Post by dbol »

Does zm4ms work on Vista? I'm not getting any pictures...
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

ye si have tested it on vista and it works fine.

What are your settings?
James Wilson

mbill

Performance questions and second network setup

Post by mbill »

First I am giving myself a gold star for reading all 41 pages. I am confident these questions have not been asked before. Second I would like to thank James Wilson for writing the zm4ms; it is a missing piece of the puzzle many of us have been looking for.

Questions

1) From my very limited experience with ZoneMinder it seemed that just viewing 1 camera on the ZoneMinder computer in the browser uses significant CPU power. If we use the zm4ms front end does the CPU use on the ZoneMinder PC stay low.

2) Early on in this thread mention was made that CPU use of the zm4ms PC was only a couple of per cent, is this still true.

3) Can anyone hazard a guess of how much network bandwidth is used per camera per frame rate (I would use B&W cameras 768H x 494V 560 lines).

4) Would it be an easy matter to have 2 network cards in the ZoneMinder PC and zm4ms PC to have 1 dedicated gigabyte network just for ZoneMinder use? If so how would you go about doing this?

Thank you

Mbill
cordel

Re: Performance questions and second network setup

Post by cordel »

mbill wrote:1) From my very limited experience with ZoneMinder it seemed that just viewing 1 camera on the ZoneMinder computer in the browser uses significant CPU power. If we use the zm4ms front end does the CPU use on the ZoneMinder PC stay low.
Using the browser on the ZM server is certainly not advisable, browsers suck up a lot of resources, it is better to use zm4ms on a different machine.
mbill wrote:2) Early on in this thread mention was made that CPU use of the zm4ms PC was only a couple of per cent, is this still true.
Yes
mbill wrote:3) Can anyone hazard a guess of how much network bandwidth is used per camera per frame rate (I would use B&W cameras 768H x 494V 560 lines).
You can use the calculator in the wiki as the same information being stared for each monitor is the same as being sent over the network. I think will find that a B/W 640x480 image will be around 45kB for each image. So at 5fps = 235kB/second.
mbill wrote:4) Would it be an easy matter to have 2 network cards in the ZoneMinder PC and zm4ms PC to have 1 dedicated gigabyte network just for ZoneMinder use? If so how would you go about doing this?
Really not sure that is necessary but yes, you could if you need too. I usually only use a second nic specifically for IPcams on the ZM server to keep it off the regular subnet.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

pulling images from the zm server uses power on the server as it has to create the images to send them to zm4ms via zms. The client resources will depend on the number of cameras viewed at the same time. Some use the (current) full 36 others use 4 or 9 etc.

zm4ms is fairly light and there are ways to make it lighter, by disabling various features that are resource hungry. The latest service packs for .net will help with speed also (mainly redrawing the split screens)
James Wilson

iamnacho

Post by iamnacho »

James,
Would I be correct in assuming that zm4ms does not work when using the new ZM_USE_DEEP_STORAGE option?

It looks like zm4ms is trying to use the event number to find the path (figured that by looking at my apache error log)

Thanks.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

No, I havnt as yet updated my zm boxes to the new version so have not even looked at writing that module yet
James Wilson