viewing multiple events

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
whistjumh

viewing multiple events

Post by whistjumh »

Zoneminder 1.23.0 running on Fedora Core 7 i686

From the ZoneMinder console I'm selecting events from a certain monitor within the past day. This successfully pulls up a filtered list of all events from this monitor in the past 24 hours.

If I select two eventids that are not contiguous and click view I go to the view screen. Expecting to be able to view those two events.

The URL that is sent looks like:

/zm/index.php?view=event&eid=27312&filter[terms][0][attr]=Id&&filter[terms][0][op]=%3D%5B%5D&&filter
[terms][0][val]=27312%2C27315&sort_field=DateTime&sort_asc=1&page=1&play=1

and turning on debug in index php confirms that my two events are passed as an array:

Array
(
[terms] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[attr] => Id
[op] => =[]
[val] => 27312,27315
)

)

)

Event 27312 plays, and when the refresh happens, 27313 is the next video played. The URL for the next button, and the window.location.replace url indicate 27313 is the next event I want to see. That event is for a different monitor.

window.setTimeout( "window.location.replace( '/zm/index.php?view=event&mode=stream&eid=27313&sort_field=DateTime&sort_asc=1&limit=&page=1
&rate=100&scale=100&play=1' );", 8000 );

This incrementing continues through 27314,27315 ... and beyond. Rather than just playing the two events I selected in the filter screen.

Is this the expected behavior 1.23.0 or should only the selected events be played in the event view screen?
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I will have a look at this. Which version of the event view are you using. The older style one or the newer DVR style one?
Phil
whistjumh

viewing multiple events

Post by whistjumh »

The older style one.

Thanks!
whistjumh

viewing multiple events

Post by whistjumh »

Incase it is helpful, I made a quick shockwave video of what I'm seeing:

The flash file is 8 megs in size and is 717x559 resolution (in an attempt to keep the text somewhat readable).

http://www.muhealth.org/NetworkServices/zoneminder.htm

Thanks again.
--Jeremy
river100

Post by river100 »

i think im getting the same or similar results as > whistjumh, just noticed it.

i click on an individual cam's event for say one hour. the event list looks good, all the same cam. but when played back using the "next" button,
i get other cams in the playback too. couldnt say if this just started happening since ive been to busy trying to get xlib_shm to start at boot on tv out, with no desktop. << another story

zoneminder vers 1.23.1

ubuntu 7.10 server 32 bit bare install, ZM from source then swapped to the RT kernel
pv-183 8 port card.
intel chipset
E6550, 4gb ram
500gb hd

i did some things that might have messed something up

1- i set 6 cams on mocord @ 20fps to see if i could get some data on this 500gb hd and check out what kinda load it would be, got upto about 46% used space. i had the load avg upto 7.5 at one point
2- also had a purge when full filter set with date as the "sort by" this was changed back to "ID"
3- tried the DVR thing it didnt work so it was switched back to standard

4- ok, i also played with the deep storage, but chickened out. im not sure if it took the save on that change cause i crawfished real quick.

..... if it can be broken ... i can doit....

anyway i hope i didnt do too much to tis guy to give you an idea on what might be going on

clay

btw .... ZM is bad to the bone !
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I think I have found the problem here.

This is a workaround that I think will sort it out. Edit zm_html_view_event.php and find the section below

Code: Select all

parseSort();
parseFilter( $filter );
which will about line 46. Under this add the following

Code: Select all

$filter_sql = $filter['sql'];
$filter_fields = $filter['fields'];
$filter_query = $filter['query'];
Then save and try again. I _think_ that might help but there may an escaping problem also for that particular problem which I might need to do a patch for. I should stress that this is not the proper fix for the problem but is a bit of a hack workaround.
Phil
river100

Post by river100 »

yes sir, it looks like you got it.
now, only the cam that was selected in event view list
is the one that plays back.
thanks,
clay

btw, even though ive done at least 10 zm installs. this will be the first one that is going into a customers home for a fee. all the others were test installs where i've tried live CDs and deb pakages on the same machine. so far the ubuntu 64bit 7.04 server using the deb pakage is the only one one that stayed on my test machine longer then 2 days, cause i can move around in ubuntu easier. ross's live CD with mandriva seems to be the easiest with the most features but i just cant get the hang of mandriva. i even broke one mandriva install when trying to customize the desktop.

i did this one with 1.23.1 from source to take advantage of ffmpeg streaming so a cam could be "clicked" to full screen.

none of them would have gotten very far without all the helpfull guys on this forum. i may not post much but i read them alot.
this is a great forum.

i did set one up for my vet' about 2 or 3 months ago although i dont think he's using it yet. we were both wondering whether we need a paypal acct or can just ray thru paypal with a credit card to send some green your way.

thanks again
cordel

Post by cordel »

You should be able to use a credit card with paypal, I don't think you need an account but since I do have an account, I could be wrong :lol:
one of them would have gotten very far without all the helpful guys on this forum. i may not post much but i read them allot.
this is a great forum.

Thank you for that and your vigilance is very much appreciated. BTW, If you ever happen across old dead threads that are useless for the most part, Just let one of us know so we can remove it and make our forum cleaner. I think I might try to make a special effort to get rid of posts that are obviously lazy and not very informative :wink:

Good luck with your first install.
Corey
whistjumh

Post by whistjumh »

Fixed for me as well. Thanks for all the hard work and an awesome app.