1.23 and debian/ubuntu package

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
PeterHoward

1.23 and debian/ubuntu package

Post by PeterHoward »

For those of you who have been wondering where it is . . . I decided to wait for 1.23.1. Now that it's out zoneminder_1.23.1-1_i386.deb shouldn't be too far away :D
ktheking

Post by ktheking »

good idea ...
This can save you (and us) of lot of time ...
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

Hip Hip, Hooray!!!! :) One question/request... We have found some real advantages to running on 64bit. Will you be making 64bit packages or are we stuck on the repos version. ;) Is there anything you need for 64bit support? Thanks again...
haus

Post by haus »

Not to pressure you, but I'm thinking of holding my breath in anticipation. :)

Seriously, though...really excited here...
d0t101101

Post by d0t101101 »

I'm also looking forward to seeing the Ubuntu package, thanks for maintaining it.

rDr4g0n

Post by rDr4g0n »

im working on setting up a system and as a total linux noob, im sure ive fubard my current install pretty badly. cant wait for the new one :)

thanks!!
________
Com?te
________
Vapolution
Last edited by rDr4g0n on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PeterHoward

. . . delay till weekend

Post by PeterHoward »

Unfortunately my "real" job has decided to demand a bit more time from me this week. So I won't be looking at it until the weekend. :-(

On the 64-bit question - I just need a 64-bit build environment. My server now has an Athlon 64 but it's still running 32-bit Ubuntu. However, the versions that appear in Debian unstable and Ubuntu universe should be being built for X86-64 as part of their release process.

Meanwhile, zoneminder_1.22.3-10_i386.deb has gone into Debian "testing" which means that 1.22.3, at least, should end up in the next Debian "stable" release.
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

You know how to make a 64 bit boot easy, right?

sda1 swap
sda2 32bit \
sda3 \home
sda4 64bit \

sda4 can be just a couple of gig. Easy way to test what is really 64bit OK, and still have your regular desktop. Now get to it. ;) If you need anything give a shout. I really want it since Ubuntu takes too long to build updates, and 1.23 won't be in until hardy+1.
mrd

Post by mrd »

Any chance the new package will have ffmpeg support built in?

Thanks again for your work on this!
MRD
PeterHoward

Post by PeterHoward »

[quote="mrd"]Any chance the new package will have ffmpeg support built in?/quote]

Not in the -1 package. My intent is to get ffmpeg back in and working. The effort of getting ffmpeg working will hopefully not be that much, but that's still more than just rolling the packaging forwards :-). Hopefully not too long after that there will be a version with ffmpeg.
PeterHoward

For those wondering

Post by PeterHoward »

If you're wondering why there still isn't a package for 1.23.1, I describe the problem (plus a bit of followup discussion) over in this thread: http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 9288#39288

PJH
PeterHoward

Progress . . . . slow, but progress

Post by PeterHoward »

The missing perl library is now sitting in the package upload queue for Debian (thanks to the debian-perl-group). I've arrange that, once it gets accepted into Debian Unstable, it will get pulled across pretty quickly into Ubuntu Universe.

Then I can get back to packaging up 1.23.1
Flash_

Post by Flash_ »

Does this one fix the wee bug whereby the images/ events/ sounds/ etc directories are re-created by dpkg as hard directories, regardless of whether symlinked dirs already exist?
PeterHoward

Post by PeterHoward »

Flash_ wrote:Does this one fix the wee bug whereby the images/ events/ sounds/ etc directories are re-created by dpkg as hard directories, regardless of whether symlinked dirs already exist?
I was unaware of that behaviour . . . . if you can provide me with a bit more detail (e.g. clean install, upgrade, "before" and "after" directory structures) I'll look into it.

PJH
Flash_

Post by Flash_ »

I posted about it here; http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10904

(Last two)

A fairly minor bug in itself, but lost me a load of footage before I noticed. (The joys of updating on fridays...)