Rain and fog?

Add any particular hints or tricks you have found to help with your ZoneMinder experience.
linuxsense

Rain and fog?

Post by linuxsense »

I am in southern California in a beach community but we get rain on occasion and fog quite often. I know a lot of you blokes are in areas with real weather....how do you deal with rain and fog when it comes to motion detection? Anyone have a creative way to stop zoneminder from creating huge events that are triggered by bad weather? At this point I deal with it by having a ton of storage space...but there has got to be a better way...
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

In general fog doesn't cause much motion. :) But a max setting stops a lot of junk quite nicely. In Houston, we get a lot of rain, and it is generally not a problem.
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

Lee Sharp wrote:In general fog doesn't cause much motion. :)
Yea, well, I guess you don't get the thick fog like we get then...it causes *lots* of motion detection to be triggered when it rolls in around here at night unless you use zone settings that are so conservative that they are useless under low light conditions.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Can you post a couple of example pics of what kind of images you get?

If you switch on diagnostic images you can see what ZM thinks is happening to generate motion also.
Phil
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

zoneminder wrote:Can you post a couple of example pics of what kind of images you get?

If you switch on diagnostic images you can see what ZM thinks is happening to generate motion also.
Yes, as soon as we get our next round of fog I will post some.