livecd parameter pass to kernel

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
linuxfd

livecd parameter pass to kernel

Post by linuxfd »

Hi

My problem I encountered was due to some sdram that had a memory location fault, or that the kernel could not detect the correct amount of ram.
In the system I was using 64mb 100mhz and 265 256 133mhz, used livecd mem=256M to pass to the kernel at boot, maybe a good use of f1 with tab key options such as livecd noscsi

System then boot to KDE and could start with install

It is working fine and the install to hard drive was just great..

Testing with two cameras with a PICO2000

http://www.startcomputing.co.uk/PriceLi ... oupID]=110

At £ 48.00

Need to know how to set cctv camera colour options!!

regards

fred
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

Thanks for the useful report.
I have at least included a boot message about the bootcodes for the next version.

Are you having some difficulty getting your color cameras working properly?

regards,

Ross
linuxfd

getting your color cameras working properly - acpi

Post by linuxfd »

had another problem with a new motherboard, the livecd would boot then video mode on VDU would go blank, tracked it down to the acpi in the bios, turned it off, it then moved on with the installation.

the color maybe be due to how I set up the wires to the cctv cameras, they are in location and need to set the system to run 24 / 7 and provide 12v supply to each camera. tHe cable I was going to make up with coax and another for the 12v supply..

should the zoneminder have any settings for color cctv camera.

regards

fred
linuxfd

/var/www/html/zm/images

Post by linuxfd »

Would like to add one more item with regards to install routine, would it be possible to able to set location in wizard for the images/ to a selected partition.

another use would be partimage, use it for backing up systems this would be a good use

/dev/hda1 none mount 30m with ram drive and kernel
this boots with partimage

/dev/hda2 / 2000mb

/dev/hda5 /var 700mb
/dev/hda6 /home/images 4000mb +
/dev/hda7 /home/events 1000mb +
/dev/hda8 /home
/dev/hda9 /data 3000mb partition images from
partimage root system

Can you give me feedback on this, not keen on image files in /var

regards

fred
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

Hi Fred,
First on getting you color camera working. Open the Monitor configuration window by clicking the /dev/video.. link in the source column of the main ZM console. In this window is a tab labeled "Source". In this tab set "Capture Palette" to one of the color modes, probably "RBG24".

On putting events on a seperate partition, a couple of suggestions. You could remove the events directory, and symlink events to the partiton you want.
"sudo ln -s /mnt/devhda9 /var/www/html/zm/events"
Make sure the partition is mounted rw and permissions are right.
Or you could edit /etc/fstab to mount /dev/hda9 on /var/www/html/zm/events. Again make sure its mounted rw and permissions are OK.

Let me know how it goes.

:)
Ross
linuxfd

cctv 8

Post by linuxfd »

My colour camera is cctv 802c this would describe the product as below.

They are working with gray setting but wish to produce colour from these cameras, tested with windoze and they do work....

I have tried setting RGB24 and used xawtv with command output.

'zmu -d <device_no> -q -v' to get a dump of the settings

Tested all the options within setting for pallet, but none work.

Res tried 320 8 240 - 352 * 288 with all options.

Is it possible to make changes /usr/include/linux/videodev.h an
and if so what!

The capture card is Pico2000

and use the card with

/dev/video(0)

/dev/video(1)

Will try out the ln on /home/images

However I made changes within the options menu console think this may bring about problems!!

regards

fred

This infrared spy camera can be plugged directly into your TV or VCR using a standard RCA video cable. It has 18 Infrared LED's that switch on automatically when light levels drop below a certain level allowing filming to continue even in complete darkness. It can also be plugged into a PC with an analogue video capture card or via a USB adaptor
The camera has a high resolution of 380 lines and can be run off either a 12V battery or an AC power adaptor (see accessories).

In Infrared mode the picture will be black & white.The camera is also water resistant meaning it can even be installed outside in all weather's to observe wildlife, intruders etc day and night.

Camera dimensions: 40 x 53 x 46