Flash streaming with live cd

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
jameswilson

Flash streaming with live cd

Post by jameswilson »

After all the chat about flash movies id like to play with it on the live cd. But if i add swf and see any pointers
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Is there more to this post that was missed off?
Phil
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

lol no but yeah
i have put swf as the streaming type in option but i dont get flash movies. I assume ffmpeg is missing a build option?

cheers
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I don't think you need a special option when building ffmpeg. Anything in any of the logs?
Phil
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

oops basic forum error. no i havnt looked i turned it on and assumed as everything else worked, something was borked, leave it with me ill check

sorry all
James Wilson

mrd

Post by mrd »

So does this work? How can I set it up? I only see options for mpeg and jpeg streaming on 1.22.3.

I need the idiots guide...
MRD
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

change the streaming type under options from asf to swf, but only works on certain framerates. I havnt tested much but on my system that 2 fps its fine
James Wilson

mrd

Post by mrd »

With swf/flash set up as described, where and how will events be stored on the server. Can you change it back if you want to?

Thanks!
MRD
cordel

Post by cordel »

All events are stored as jpegs. Changing the streaming type does not change the storage method. It only affects the streaming ;)
mrd

Post by mrd »

Thiis is working very well for me now except that the cycle view is still using java. Can anyone tell me what setting will correct this.
MRD
cordel

Post by cordel »

I think it's under the web tab
mrd

Post by mrd »

I've tried just about every option I can find and the cycle view still plays using cambozilla. I'm wondering if there is a reason for it not using flash? Prehaps because it uses the image as a link to the separate camera view?
MRD
cordel

Post by cordel »

You need to switch form jpeg streaming to mpeg streaming so that the web interface will use ffmpeg.
mrd

Post by mrd »

I have mpeg selected and both the regular camera views and montage view work using swf/flash but for some reason the cycle view only loads using cambozilla.
MRD
cordel

Post by cordel »

Yep you would be correct, It has been programed to work that way, I'm not sure why.
I'll see what I can do.