PictureTel PTZ2N/PTZ2P Control Script Beta Now Available

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
mrd

Not that you are listening...but...lol

Post by mrd »

I got it to work... sort of. For some odd reason, the new control just started showing up in the dropdown, but now I'm trying to figure out all of correct values to put into the control settings.

I'll try to figure them out from the code, but it sure would be nice if you had a document taht helps...

Thanks,
MRD
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I can help, if you can be more specific in your questions or requirements.

Go Pats!! :P
Phil
mrd

Post by mrd »

Ahh... Finally some attention....lol

I'm trying to figure out what all of the numeric values should be for a PTZ-2N in the control settings for the control type that I added. There are fields that ask for things like "max pan", "max tilt", "max step". I'm not sure where I can get this information and the control script that I'm working with doesn't seem to spell it out clearly enough for me. I'm assuming all of this can be found in some spec document for the camera, but I've searched the entire net and can't seem to find one.

Please help... if you can.

P.S. The Pats need even more help than I do...lol
MRD
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Essentially those values mean the maximum values that the camera wil accept. They are used to determine what is sent when you click on the arrows etc in the control screeen. Clicking near the point of the arrow will send the maximum, at the other end will send the minimum. I can't help you with what the values are, if you don't have a spec then you may have to experiment by calling your script directly with a range of values and seeing what your cam responds to. Some may be obvious, for instance if pan speed is a byte in your script's protocol, then 255 is an obvious maximum to try.
Phil
mrd

Post by mrd »

i see...

I'm surprized that with everyone who is using zoneminder that no one seems to know these values for the PTZ-2N. If I do manage to figure them out, I'll be sure to post it in here.

Thanks!
MRD
cordel

Post by cordel »

They are defined in the README
The database values are mostly set to 1 (capable) or 0 (not capable) to describe what the camera is capable of.

Regards,
Corey
mrd

I'm a fool...

Post by mrd »

Next time I'll try looking right in front of me first... :shock:

Thanks!
MRD
gneuf

Been out of the loop

Post by gneuf »

I guess I haven't been getting my notices from this thread. Sorry.
I just noticed that the server with the code didn't have the code there anymore... :(
I've put it back so now it can be downloaded.
I see questions about the ptel control setup.
I'll try to go to the wiki and layout all the values I use for the PictureTel control setup.
mrd

Post by mrd »

I'm still interested!..
MRD
gneuf

Post by gneuf »

Ok, I finally got to the Sony SNC-M3W patches, control script, and Wiki page.

I'll use the Wiki page for a template for the PTZ Wiki entry sometime this week...
:roll:
mrd

Post by mrd »

Any chance of getting a PTZ-4N control script? :-)
MRD
gneuf

Post by gneuf »

Absolutely! Just send me a PTZ4N. :wink:
mrd

Post by mrd »

send me your address...
I'd be happy to.
MRD
gneuf

Post by gneuf »

Gimme a minute to scare up the PictureTel V2/V3 control command set and have a look...they enhanced the V1 command set (PTZ1/PTZ2 series cameras) for the subsequent cameras...

Is it serial or RS422?

-g
mrd

Post by mrd »

Hm... not sure, it has the same connector on it as the PTZ-2N but none of the controls work with the 2N script.
MRD