Cron / Calendar Integration

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
voronwe

Cron / Calendar Integration

Post by voronwe »

Hi all

I finally got around to translating my PHP Cron / Calendar integration for ZoneMinder done, this can be found Here.

These scripts are provide as is, so feel free to change them to fit your needs, but just a heads up, the code is a mess since i am not that much of a php programmer, the code might be a bit confusing ( Iknow it is to me sometimes hehe :oops: ).

There is a ReadMe.txt inside the tgz file that should explain how to use / configure the scripts.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
cordel

Post by cordel »

Nice work Tom, Thank you for the contribution.

Cheers,
Corey
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi All

I just remembered that i actually missed some information in the ReadMe.txt file, and that is that biside the 2 default ZM States for the weekdays you can create any state in ZM my scripts reads the states table in ZM and you can make any cron/calendar jobs using those.

Many of you will proberly understand what i am trying to explain in the ReadMe.txt but if you incounter any thing that you dont understand then feel free to write it here and i will try and explain it.

I have tested it as much as i can on my own zm boxes and at a custemer site and i havent found any bugs yet.

My plan is to make some language files on a later note but havent gotten around to doing that yet so for now it is in english.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi All

I have made the language integration now, and the supported languages atm is Danish and English, but you can now make you own language files, it is all explained in the ReadMe.txt inside the package witch can be found here.

I hope that some ppl find some use for this, since i have seen alot of questions about automatic changing States in ZoneMinder.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi All

Woops i just remembered that if you are using this package you will ned to make a change to the cron.php script so that the path to zmpkg.pl is the correct one for your installation, i will fix this tommorrow so it will be a part of the config settings. Sorry for the trouble to the people that have downloaded the package and not gotten it to work.

I would allso like to hear from people that are using this so i can figure out if you find any problems.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

good luck on the replies mate
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi James

Hehe Thank you. :D
Best Regards
Tom Stage
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi all

Ok this time ill say that i have made a release of an allmost complete frontend in php to ZoneMinder.
The package contains user administration to the frontend, calendar - cron integration to ZoneMinder and links to webmin, WebCDCreator, phpsysinfo, phpMyAdmin.

There are 2 groups to set up for the users so that normal user dont have access to menu items and so on.

To make it use phpsysinfo / phpMyAdmin install them into a subfolder under the frontend, and if you want the link for ZM to work do the same or change it in the language file.

For Webmin it will create the link from the servers ip address and port 10000, the same goes for WebCDRecorder and the standard port for that.

And the package can be found here.

And as allways if you run into any problems post it here and i will fix it as fast as i can.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

Wow i might have to have a look at this, i havnt as yet as i dont need to change run states. Well done mate
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
Flash_

Post by Flash_ »

Good work - any chance of a screenshot so I can visualise your work?
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi All

Ok i have now made a small page to host my contributions to ZoneMinder, and they can be found Here.

On this page you can find the latest download of the frontend and the screen shots.

I have allso included a version of PHPSysinfo and phpMyAdmin that works with the frontend to the download page, read the comments at the download.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

Tom looks cracking mate well done
James Wilson

voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi James

Well i hope that others will find this as usefull as i do.
Iam using the frontend for my custemers as well, and it provides an easy interface with auth for every tool installed with ZoneMinder.

On a Side note, iam considering implementing templates to it as well, but that will come when i have desided that for good.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

would that allow a diifernet look? I assumed it was a personaliled look for you and your cust
James Wilson

zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Very impressive Tom. User interfaces aren't really my strong point so it's always nice to see what other people come up with. Maybe you'd like to add an entry in the Wiki about this if there isn't one there already?
Phil