windows viewer and 1.21.4

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

i just wondered, one of things i also have to look at is making a gambas version
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

What's gambas, isn't that shrimps?

Phil
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

victor diaga pointed me in the direction of gambas
Basically its a .net for linux.

Its not quite the same obviously and i need to learn some more before i can use it. It appears its very similar to an sdk i used to play with for the ppc, once i get the time (and im bored enough) ill give it a look
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
seb3s

Patch uncomplete ?

Post by seb3s »

Hi Phil,

I did encounter this problem today after having upgraded to 1.21.4.
I've taken note of the patch you submitted earlier in this thread and I noticed that 2 more // (comments) are missing in zms.cpp (on lines 145 & 152) to make it work (imho, my school C background dating more than 10 years).

So this note, just to be sure you double check it before 1.21.5

Cheers,
Sebastien.
thenextdon13

Post by thenextdon13 »

Hey there, Guys
I was just looking at setting up James's live viewer, and couldn't get it to work. Luckily i ran accross this thread!

When applying patches and recompiling, is there some secret as to what to remove to allow the makefile to create everything new again?

The last time I had to recompile, I had to wipe out all of the ZM related bin files, etc in order for everything to work right again..

If someone has a minute, is there a secret? :)

Also, it would be nice to have a post/link to this thread in the main live viewer thread (i don't think there is one, unless i missed it) to point this problem out more readly-- i can post if you guys want!

Thanks guys, and take care!
Camden
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

Is this secret your after a means to remove zm totally or my viewer. the only known issue with the viewer and zm is auth type. Does your zm install work in every other way just not with the viewer?
James Wilson

thenextdon13

Post by thenextdon13 »

I'm sorry, James et al--

I should have been more particular. I am a relative Linux Newbie.. and have manged to get ZM up and running from scratch.

Everything runs great, and your viewer works great- except for the authentication issue that this post is about.

The 'secret' i refer to probably isn't much of a secret-- i'm just wondering how the patches are applied-- i can go edit the proper file, but then i need to recompile, make, etc.

Every time i've done that, i find that 'make' keeps older versions of the compiled files, so the changes don't come into effect unless i start from scratch with the ZM tarball (no big deal, it would just be a lot easier if i knew something i think i might now ;) )

I am presuming there are particular files and directories i can delete so that make re-creates them appropriately.

Also, do i have to delete all of the zm files in /usr/bin manually? that is what i have been doing... since it seemed that the make install would not overwrite the current versions...

I'm sorry for the lame question(s), just trying to learn! :)

Thanks for the quick reply, James!
Camden
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

Unfortunatly im a newbie yet and i dont know. I have yet to build zm properly a i use corely's and ross's RPM's. I havnt ever made any mods to the sourxe or applied patches to it. I think you will have to wait for a linux veteran to popin. Coreys the main man on stuff like this
James Wilson

thenextdon13

Post by thenextdon13 »

OK, Thanks again :) I'll stick around and watch!

take care
Camden
cordel

Post by cordel »

To rebuild zm the best way to go about it is to do a make clean. Here are some other commands you should be aware of:

make clean - cleans out all the binary files
make distclean -cleans out all the binary and make files
make uninstall -uninstalls the program form the system (will not work after a clean or distclean, it needs the original files to now where it has installed them).

Corey
thenextdon13

Post by thenextdon13 »

Corey--
Thank you very much! I will probably apply this patch and try things out in a little bit-- today or tomorrow! :)

take care
Camden
thenextdon13

Post by thenextdon13 »

For anyone looking to do this patch, seb3's comment is true- in order for it work comment markers must be typed in on lines 145 and 152, as well as the originally noted lines 119 and 126-- so 4 lines overall must be commented out.

Thanks for all the help, guys! Going to have some questions soon troubleshooting the viewer seeing events....

Camden