One camera triggers other cameras

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
ddalton

One camera triggers other cameras

Post by ddalton »

I am having trouble setting it so that one camera (modetect) triggers my two other cameras to start recording... can someone walk me through the settings
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

This is not currently supported unless you are using X.10. It will be in either the next version (slight chance) or the one after (big chance). though.

Phil
ddalton

trigger

Post by ddalton »

So if I put three cameras in a zone, and make one active and two inclusive... that wont make the two record when then active senses a motion detect?
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

you cant have mutiple cameras per zone, just multiple zones per camera.
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
grndamgt4

Re: One camera triggers other cameras

Post by grndamgt4 »

this is now supported via "linked monitors" though I have not tested it

http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... umentation
"
Linked Monitors
This field allows you to select other monitors on your system that act as triggers for this monitor. So if you have a camera covering one aspect of your property you can force all cameras to record while that camera detects motion or other events. You can either directly enter a comma separated list of monitor ids or click on ‘Select’ to choose a selection. Be very careful not to create circular dependencies with this feature however you will have infinitely persisting alarms which is almost certainly not what you want!
"