Upgrading Montage Review page

Current Development version likely to have breaking changes
IgorA100

Upgrading Montage Review page

Post by IgorA100 »

I'm starting to think about upgrading the Montage Review page and I can't yet figure out how I can start viewing a recorded event of a specific camera from a specific time.
For example, I want to start viewing a recorded event starting 2024-06-10 20:49:16. Is this even possible or not?

Added: Since most likely I will have to redo almost the entire page, I plan to implement this Timeline: https://github.com/visjs/vis-timeline Examples: https://visjs.github.io/vis-timeline/examples/timeline/
iconnor

Re: Upgrading Montage Review page

Post by iconnor »

The way the current page works is, we load all frame data from the db over ajax.
So we do a binary search through the frames to find which frame is the one for the timestamp you want. Then we request that frame from zms.

The issue is that currently this is a mode=single type of transaction. It would be better if it was mode=jpeg and we could just tell zms to seek to that time.

Before you go jumping in too far. Please be aware of the view=timeline view which is an alternate implementation.

If you start from scratch, then I guarantee we will then have 3 competing views doing the same thing.
IgorA100

Re: Upgrading Montage Review page

Post by IgorA100 »

iconnor wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:28 am Then we request that frame from zms.
I will need to start the frame not from the very beginning, but from a certain time. I don't know how to do this yet.
iconnor wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:28 am It would be better if it was mode=jpeg
Yes.
iconnor wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:28 am and we could just tell zms to seek to that time.
How to do it ?
iconnor wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:28 am Please be aware of the view=timeline view which is an alternate implementation.
I don't see where I can switch the "view=timeline" mode? I only see the “timeline” scale, when clicked on it you need to start the frame from a certain time.
iconnor wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:28 am If you start from scratch, then I guarantee we will then have 3 competing views doing the same thing.
I haven't decided exactly what it will look like yet. This is a complex process.
I think the best option is for the Watch, Events, Montage & Montage Review page to be combined so that switching between live view and recording view will occur without reloading the page. This is a very global and lengthy work, but navigation would be simplified. Perhaps it should be done in stages, for example, based on the Montage page and add viewing of recorded events to it.