Alarm notification with corrupted image file

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
Rajstopy

Alarm notification with corrupted image file

Post by Rajstopy »

Dear ZM users,

I've just managed to install Zoneminder 1.36.33 on TrueNAS in a jail. I spent hours not to say days but everything is working pretty good except when I try to send an email following an alarm, where I pass the %EIM% variable. In that case I get the attached grayed picture... I've just no idea how I could investigate about this issue. Any idea from where I could start from?

Cheers,
R.
00005-capture.jpg
00005-capture.jpg (15.52 KiB) Viewed 329 times
Last edited by Rajstopy on Tue May 28, 2024 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iconnor

Re: Alarm notification with corrupted image file

Post by iconnor »

This is fixed in 1.37. In short it is sending the email and attaching the image before zmc is finished writing the file.

We added file locking so that this wouldn't happen.
Rajstopy

Post by Rajstopy »

Great! Thanks so much and congrats for your job over the years.

R.
Rajstopy

Post by Rajstopy »

By the way, videos records sending doesn't work either... Is that a side effect or do I have another problem?

Basically, when starting the filter including %EV% variable, the interface is looping for a while and then landing on a 504 Gateway Time-out page.
Looking for logs shows :

Code: Select all

Video generation '/usr/local/bin/zmvideo.pl -e 270 -r 1 -s 0 -f mp4' failed with status: 2
However, the .mp4 file seems to be existing on the filesystem.

Would be good if I could at least get the videos triggering the alarm, if I can't get the picture...

Note: Mmmm, sending videos may not be the best option... Is there an easy workaround to get pictures sent? Such as adding some delay before sending? Obviously a dirty fix but I'm not a developper...

Cheers,

R.