Migration from Mariadb to Mysql

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
mk45gti

Migration from Mariadb to Mysql

Post by mk45gti »

Hi guys, I currently have a zoneminder server running Ubuntu with mariadb and I'm migrating to Azure, I'm thinking about migrating the database to Mysql, I backed up mariadb and when trying to restore to Mysql, several errors were returned and the operation didn't even finish, is there another How to make this migration less traumatic?
dougmccrary

Re: Migration from Mariadb to Mysql

Post by dougmccrary »

I think the consensus here is use mariadb.
bbunge

Re: Migration from Mariadb to Mysql

Post by bbunge »

mk45gti wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:14 pm Hi guys, I currently have a zoneminder server running Ubuntu with mariadb and I'm migrating to Azure, I'm thinking about migrating the database to Mysql, I backed up mariadb and when trying to restore to Mysql, several errors were returned and the operation didn't even finish, is there another How to make this migration less traumatic?
You should be able to import just the ZM database backup which should be an SQL file Other parts of the Mariadb database likely will not work in MySQL.

With that said it may be better to stay with Mariadb. I also like Debian better than Ubuntu as Ubuntu has gotten too carried away with snaps and etc. Their server setup is not user friendly.