Problems updating from 1.36.33

Current Development version likely to have breaking changes
User6677

Problems updating from 1.36.33

Post by User6677 »

So I made some fresh backups and I decided to try updating to latest master branch version. It built fine (on Debian bookworm), but zmc would crash consistently with no error messages at all and logs containing lots of "exited abnormally, exit status 255" and "shared data not valid".

I tried reverting g to my backups, and updating a couple of times, with the same result. Eventually I tried installing from scratch and that worked fine.

My setup is running in docker on Debian:latest image. Mariadb is in a different container. I only install cuda (11.8), libffmpeg-nvenc-dev, and ffmpeg then ZM. /etc/zm and /usr/share/zoneminder are mounted to the host on a btrfs volume. Events are stored in /usr/share/zoneminder/events.

To upgrade, I simply uninstalled it with apt, I cleared /etc/zm and /usr/share/zoneminder and I installed the new deb. Then I run db update script. Everything seemed fine, but no captures were working and all I found were these errors.

To install fresh I simply created a new dB and I repeated the whole process. This time it seems to work fine. Does anyone have any ideas what could've caused it?

Also, how is 1.37. 55 stability for daily use? I'd really like to use the onvif triggers and few other new features, but not at cost of crashes. My zm1. 36 and 34 have been stable for a very long time.