If one monitor detects motion, record on all monitors. Allow circular dependencies with linked monitors

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
smoothmission

If one monitor detects motion, record on all monitors. Allow circular dependencies with linked monitors

Post by smoothmission »

Linked Monitors does not allow circular dependencies, which could be useful. If two monitors are linked together, both ways, ZM should allow that if one of them detects motion, the other will get alarmed and vice-versa.

Unrelated question: Why does zm poll onvif every ten seconds and not more frequently, doesn't this mean events will get 10 second delay at times?
zm_monitor.cpp:1908

Code: Select all

std::this_thread::sleep_until(loop_start_time + std::chrono::seconds(10));
Last edited by smoothmission on Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
iconnor

Re: If one monitor detects motion, record on all monitors. Allow circular dependencies with linked monitors

Post by iconnor »

There is nothing stopping you from setting up the circular dependency, but you will find in 1.36 that once one fires, they will all just keep triggering each other and endlessly recording.

In 1.37, you can actually link to a specific zone, which should prevent the endless recording.
smoothmission

Re: If one monitor detects motion, record on all monitors. Allow circular dependencies with linked monitors

Post by smoothmission »

I solely use ONVIF motion events so zones are not relevant, or could they still be used somehow?
I'd prefer if linked alarms were flagged and looked for to not cause any circular alarms.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

I'm happy to accept PRs.