Some users unable to view Console once logged in

Current Development version likely to have breaking changes
ZMNoobja

Some users unable to view Console once logged in

Post by ZMNoobja »

Hi there,

We've recently started experiencing an odd issue that only seems to affect a few user accounts so far.

Some users are unable to log in and view anything. They enter their credentials, the page says "Logging In", and then see "This page isn't working".

I can clear the cookies in the browser to clear the saved login credential and sign in with a different account, but cannot sign into the initial account once this happens. If I don't clear the cookie, I get the same page stating, "This page isn't working".

Currently running 1.37.31 on Oracle 8.7. Let me know what other information I can provide.

Thank you!
iconnor

Re: Some users unable to view Console once logged in

Post by iconnor »

1.37.31 is old. Update.
ZMNoobja

Post by ZMNoobja »

Hi iconnor,

I love your candor and your work.

We'll run the update and see if it still happens.

Thank you for all that you do on this project!!!
ZMNoobja

Post by ZMNoobja »

Please mark as resolved. Thank you!
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Nope, not resolved. On the 1.37.48 version upgraded today and Console is still missing from the menu.

Edit: Also can not edit zones.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

After a fresh install of 1.37.48 I discovered that the user I crested for myself with all the edit permissions enabled was not able to add a monitor/camera. Only the default admin user can add monitors. I was unable to find a setting to allow an added user to add monitors. This is not good for me as I usually delete the default admin user after configuration so an ambitious hacker will mot have a starting point. My "added" user can edit monitors and zones and the menu link to Console is present.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

@bbunge 1.37.48 has a screwup, which I think I have now fixed. The Monitors permission now has a new value available: Create. So you can limit a user to only edit existing monitors. A lot of code specifically looks for a value of Edit though. I think I've got them all fixed, but may yet have missed one or two.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

iconnor wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:58 pm @bbunge 1.37.48 has a screwup, which I think I have now fixed. The Monitors permission now has a new value available: Create. So you can limit a user to only edit existing monitors. A lot of code specifically looks for a value of Edit though. I think I've got them all fixed, but may yet have missed one or two.
Ah, the joys of development! Overall, though, it is working very well. I've added a new 5 MP cam to my system with no real impact on performance.