Glitched Frames Triggering Events

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
dashcam

Glitched Frames Triggering Events

Post by dashcam »

Hi all, I'm fairly new to Zoneminder, having set it up just yesterday. I have a old dashcam that has a webcam mode for some reason, so I've plugged it into an old laptop running Zoneminder to monitor my front door in Modect mode. I was surprised how well everything worked and only ran into this one issue. It seems that the signal from the camera would glitch fairly frequently, about once every few minutes, causing an event to be triggered when in reality nothing notable happened. There is only one alarm frame out of the 200 total ones for each event, which shows the glitched frame, such as the one below:

I was wondering if anyone knew what is causing the signal from the camera to glitch out and how to fix it, or simply just how to adjust the event detection such that alarms with a few frames can be ignored.

Thanks
AndersonGrady

Re: Glitched Frames Triggering Events

Post by AndersonGrady »

dashcam wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:22 pm Hi all, I'm fairly new to Zoneminder, having set it up just yesterday. I have a old dashcam that has a webcam mode for some reason, so I've plugged it into an old laptop running Zoneminder to monitor my front door in Modect mode. I was surprised how well everything worked and only ran into this one issue. It seems that the signal from the camera would glitch fairly frequently, about once every few minutes, causing an event to be triggered when in reality nothing notable happened. There is only one alarm frame out of the 200 total ones for each event, which shows the glitched frame, such as the one below:

Imagegeometry dash 23

I was wondering if anyone knew what is causing the signal from the camera to glitch out and how to fix it, or simply just how to adjust the event detection such that alarms with a few frames can be ignored.

Thanks
It seems the webcam is not compatible with the old laptop :(
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Try using a lower resolution and/or frame rate. Sometimes less is better. It has been a while since I've use a USB cam on Zoneminder but I seem to remember there are other "color" settings that can be adjusted. Might be a good idea to post your settings for the cam.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Set Monitor->Buffers->AlarmFrameCount to 2. This will require two glitched frames to trigger an event.