having issues getting hooks going

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
jensg

Re: having issues getting hooks going

Post by jensg »

Hello, I'm fighting with getting person/object detection working in zm. I want to do it stepwise in order to limit compexity. But everything I've tried so far failed. I've installed everything according to the official manual, ie. Event Server and OpenCV with ML hooks. Using jtop it says "OpenCV: 4.5.5 with CUDA: YES". So obviously opencv seems to be OK. I tested person detection with a different python script from outside the "zoneminder environment" and that works fine. But I'm not able to get person/object detection running in zoneminder (1.37.42). The last thing I tried was to check whether the zm_detect.py script works, but it also failed. I'm totally desperate now and have no idea anymore what I still could do to get person/object detection running in zm. Insofar any help or guidance would be highly appreciated.

Code: Select all

jens@jetson-zm:~$ sudo -u www-data '/var/lib/zmeventnotification/bin/zm_detect.py' -e 115 -m 2 --config /etc/zm/zm.conf
Unrecoverable error:File contains no section headers.
file: '/etc/zm/zm.conf', line: 15
'ZM_PATH_DATA=/usr/share/zoneminder\n' Traceback:Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/zmeventnotification/bin/zm_detect.py", line 556, in <module>
    main_handler()
  File "/var/lib/zmeventnotification/bin/zm_detect.py", line 258, in main_handler
    utils.get_pyzm_config(args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/zmes_hook_helpers/utils.py", line 341, in get_pyzm_config
    config_file.read(args.get('config'))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/configparser.py", line 697, in read
    self._read(fp, filename)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/configparser.py", line 1080, in _read
    raise MissingSectionHeaderError(fpname, lineno, line)
configparser.MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers.
file: '/etc/zm/zm.conf', line: 15
'ZM_PATH_DATA=/usr/share/zoneminder\n'
Magic919

Re: having issues getting hooks going

Post by Magic919 »

Start a thread.
-