Inwerang 4K 2.5'' PoE PTZ IP Camera

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
RonRN18

Inwerang 4K 2.5'' PoE PTZ IP Camera

Post by RonRN18 »

I have purchased an Inwerang 4K 2.5'' PoE PTZ IP Camera from Amazon. I know it is a cheap camera from a manufacturer I have never heard of before, but I have found that products like this are often sold with different brand names and some appear to come from a brand that has been heard of before and has updated firmware available. For the most part, the camera works, but, it crashes quite frequently. I am not sure what is causing the crashing but I do see that the firmware is relatively old for a camera that supposedly has an 8MP sensor.
Kernel Version: Linux 4.9.84 #14 PREEMPT Mon May 11 14:46:12 CST 2020 armv7l
Firmware Version: MC800N2_IR_c0_AF_V0_BU_SMW-RTMP-GB-DH-H5 V3.0.5.6 build 2021-08-16 16:37:01
Web Version: 2020-07-02 10:35:32
S/N: EF00000000B73744
As you can see, the kernel is from 2020, as is the "web version". The firmware is from August of 2021. As the device crashes so frequently, I would think that newer or at least a more stable firmware exists. Amazon is of no help. Apparently, it is being sold by an entity named "Inwerang", using Amazon as the ones to facilitate sales. They don't appear to have any sort of online presence that I've been able to find. The web interface of the camera appears very similar to other cameras, such as Anpviz cameras but I'm not sure if the firmware for an Anpviz camera would work on this.
dougmccrary

Re: Inwerang 4K 2.5'' PoE PTZ IP Camera

Post by dougmccrary »

My experience with these (cheap cameras) suggests it may have some hardware fault. I'd send it back for a replacement before spending time with it, assuming it works until it crashes.