ZM DB question [SOLVED]

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
michaelbr

ZM DB question [SOLVED]

Post by michaelbr »

I had installed ZM 1.36X before my pc crashed without any problem, after re-installed new OS (MX Linux, Debian 11 based Linux), got an error when trying to re-start mysql service (service unrecognized error), here are my questions about DB in ZM:
1) why ZM has 2 DB > MySQL & MariaDB?
2) did not notice any error during zm-install, after install, when trying to start ZM, got an error saying that could not connect to zm DB through user zmuser, checked the users & DB, neither was present. (I seem to rememeber that in my previous install the DB prompt showed mysql, but this time it showed MariaDB, does this mean that both zm and zmuser should be installed in MySQL and not in MariaDB? If this is true, why use 2 DB instead of 1?
3) can I install MySQL first, then LAMP, then zm-install, is there any instructions to check the installation step by step?
4) can I use only MariaDB? I've added zm and zmuser to MariaDB, what else should I change to make ZM use MariaDB instead of MySQL?
ps: I seemed to see that the new install, a message saying that DB uses unix socket, but during zm-install I asked NOT to use unix socket, is this a bug in the install script?
Last edited by michaelbr on Mon May 29, 2023 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks for your comment/suggestion
Michael
bbunge

Re: ZM DB question

Post by bbunge »

Lots of questions...

I recommend Mariadb.

See here for install instructions on Debian 11: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Debian_11_B ... der_1.36.x
michaelbr

Post by michaelbr »

bbunge wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:28 pm Lots of questions...

I recommend Mariadb.

See here for install instructions on Debian 11: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Debian_11_B ... der_1.36.x
Thanks for your reply, already tried 3 times, always gave an error

Code: Select all

mysql: unrecognized service
, another user told me another post, will try today.
Michael
michaelbr

Post by michaelbr »

Followed this post and it solved my problem to install ZM on MX Linux.
Michael