Reolink Duo WiFi and Reolink Argus Eco compatibility

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
TVSKS

Reolink Duo WiFi and Reolink Argus Eco compatibility

Post by TVSKS »

Hi,I'm about to embark on setting up my Reolink cameras with Zoneminder. I've tried to do some research and any info I can find is either old or conflicting.

I have 4 Reolink Duo solar WiFi cameras and 4 Argus Eco WiFi solar cameras. My Reolink NVR died but I have a pretty hot dog server with plenty of compute power, memory and RX 580 video card.

I'm just wondering if anyone out there has used these cameras with ZM. They're not on the HCL but neither were a couple random cameras I had laying around I tested ZM with.

If anyone has any tips or settings that will help, I'd appreciate it. I'd really hate to have to switch them all out.

TIA
dougmccrary

Re: Reolink Duo WiFi and Reolink Argus Eco compatibility

Post by dougmccrary »

If those cameras only connect/send data when alarmed, you'll have problems. ZM wants a continuous stream.