Reboot button in Zoneminder GUI

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
djtracer

Reboot button in Zoneminder GUI

Post by djtracer »

Ability to reboot the hosting OS from Zoneminder GUI. Sometimes the server cant be accessed via ssh, and a hard reset is not good.
iconnor

Re: Reboot button in Zoneminder GUI

Post by iconnor »

This exists, you just need to turn it on and setup the sudo permissions.

Options->System->Shutdown
djtracer

Post by djtracer »

Shot buddy!
Shutdown button disappeared when upgraded to 1.36.33 for some reason.
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

If you're on the latest 1.36.33 you should see it adjacent to the status "RUNNING".
djtracer

Post by djtracer »

Yes same with previous version, but when upgraded it vanished, I have retrieved it using the settings. Reason I brought this up, because I thought it had originally been removed from the build.

Just as a check on the upgrade side, I have upgraded all 6 of my ZoneMinder machines, and this problem only occurred twice, on the above mentioned
machine and another. The 2 machines in question were installed using minimal ubuntu, whereas the others have full server installed.
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

using minimal ubuntu
meaning desktop? Might be a clue, although I run minimal desktop and haven't seen that.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

I can't think of anything in the updates that would affect it... other than maybe .. I think there was a config table change, so zmupdate.pl -f would have been run.

Do we know if the update was from .32 to .33 that made it disappear, or something earlier...
djtracer

Post by djtracer »

When I updated all the other machines (5 of them) 1 extra one did the same thing, it was from.32 to .33 and it was a minimalistic ubuntu installation.
The other 4 were also .32 to .33 and had no issues.