Buttons below event playback video don't work in latest Ubuntu build from PPA

Current Development version likely to have breaking changes
FlasherZ

Buttons below event playback video don't work in latest Ubuntu build from PPA

Post by FlasherZ »

With the latest two upgrades or so of the PPA to 1.37.30, it seems the buttons below the event playback video no longer work at smaller scales.

Version: 1.37.30~20230129105556-jammy

If I use a scale of anything smaller than "1.5x" (which is HUGE on my screen), the buttons below the video window in the event playback window no longer work - they're non-functional when I click them, and when I cursor over the buttons, they don't highlight. The "rate" drop-down box is also unclickable, along with the time-slider in the video. Buttons above the playback window DO work regardless of scale.

If I select a scale of "1.5x" or bigger, the buttons do work without an issue. If I make my browser even larger, then I have to set the scale even higher to work, so there appears to be some interference between the video size window. For example, if I full-screen my browser, then I have to use a scale of "3x" before the buttons and slider will work.

The buttons below the live monitor view work fine, and will highlight when I cursor over them.

Have tried Chrome, Edge, and Firefox, all with the same results.

Known issue? Stupid config mistake? Or how can I collect data for you?
dougmccrary

Re: Buttons below event playback video don't work in latest Ubuntu build from PPA

Post by dougmccrary »

I think I might have cleared browser cache before I got that far, but start with that.
DVB Hardware

Re: Buttons below event playback video don't work in latest Ubuntu build from PPA

Post by DVB Hardware »

I had reported it, also you cannot click in the timeline also

Jimmy
Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon Mariadb 10.6.x using Master 1.37.x latest always

DVB stands for Digital VIdeo Broadcasting , retired satellite downlink supplier
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Fixed packages building
FlasherZ

Post by FlasherZ »

Thanks - can you confirm which build version picked up the fix?

I just installed the latest I can see in the PPA distribution (1.37.30~20230131141046-jammy) and it didn't appear to work. I cleared cache and no luck - no buttons unless I set the scale at 1.5x or greater.

EDIT: Interesting... the buttons and the timeline slider work on the right side of the video for certain scales, but not the left, for whatever reason. So it appears you fixed the right side of the window?

For my event:
scale: 3/4x no buttons work, no timeline
scale: 1.5x only right side buttons & timeline work
scale: 2x all buttons & timeline work
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

1.37.30~20230131141046-jammy
was the one building, yes. 14 hours old now.
DVB Hardware

Post by DVB Hardware »

Buttons working now with 1.37.31~20230202121651
Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon Mariadb 10.6.x using Master 1.37.x latest always

DVB stands for Digital VIdeo Broadcasting , retired satellite downlink supplier
FlasherZ

Post by FlasherZ »

Same here - thank you!!