Zoneminder Running but Cannot Access GUI

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
ere109

Zoneminder Running but Cannot Access GUI

Post by ere109 »

I'm running ZM in a TrueNAS jail. Last night I updated zoneminder from 1.3.4 to 1.3.6 using zmupdate.pl. At the end of the install, I got an error about strerror_l@FBSD_1.6.
Some research led me to upgrade from base 12.3 to 13.1. After the upgrade, the jail starts, and zoneminder appears to be running, but I can't access the GUI.
I have checked the event database and it is still recording events. I just can't log in to see the GUI.
I've got five cameras, 50 zones and a lot of settings. I would prefer to get back into this GUI, rather than rebuild. However, I would be happy to re-install, if I can avoid losing my entire configuration.
Thoughts on next steps?
ere109

Re: Zoneminder Running but Cannot Access GUI

Post by ere109 »

Following this guide, https://phoenixnap.com/kb/how-to-backup ... l-database, I made a backup, then I left the old install alone, and created a new jail install to test with. I ran a restore. While I did get an error, my setup came back in the new install.

Code: Select all

mysql -u dbadmin -p zm < zm-dbbackup.sql
Enter password:
ERROR 1840 (HY000) at line 1791: @@GLOBAL.GTID_PURGED can only be set when @@GLOBAL.GTID_EXECUTED is empty.
I'd still love to figure out what happened to the old version - which is still running in the background.
ere109

Re: Zoneminder Running but Cannot Access GUI

Post by ere109 »

This turned out to be an nginx problem. The update invalidated my certificates (probably created new ones with different names, and it was reading one old and one new - my guess). Nginx wouldn't start. I attempted to create a new SSL certificate myself, but was struggling. In the end, I created a new zoneminder instance, then copied the certificates from that into my install and updated zoneminder.conf