is there any way to setup a drive for temp thumbnails?

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
aarons6

is there any way to setup a drive for temp thumbnails?

Post by aarons6 »

say i want to scrub a camera, i go into the timeline and i mouse over the time and it makes a thumbnail.
where does this picture get put and can i put it on a temporary drive? not the camera recording drive..

i think its putting the pictures on the recording drive where the video is?

i have a ssd that i would like to use for this.
dougmccrary

Re: is there any way to setup a drive for temp thumbnails?

Post by dougmccrary »

Yeah. I think you are looking for snapshot.jpg. They are in the event folder of the recording you play.
aarons6

Post by aarons6 »

dougmccrary wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:11 am Yeah. I think you are looking for snapshot.jpg. They are in the event folder of the recording you play.
what? this isnt even my question.

if you click on events, then you click on the circle icon at the top left that says show timeline.
when you mouse over the timeline it makes a thumbnail of the events.
those thumbnails get stored on the recording drive, i was wondering if there is an option to save them to a faster SSD, because if you mouse over the timeline too fast, zoneminder times out and says too many connections and you lose the whole thing and have to start over.

it makes it really hard to scrub a whole days worth of video to check for something.
its using ffmpeg to make the picture in a command like this
/usr/bin/ffmpeg -ss 87.52 -i /mnt/zm1/8/2023-01-26/5643528/5643528-video.mp4 -frames:v 1 /mnt/zm1/8/2023-01-26/5643528/01145-capture.jpg
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

There isn't. There is a tool zmeventtool.pl, which you can use with a filter to delete them later.

We need to not be creating them. It's a hack.. Working on it. Could use some funding. Gonna make youtube videos instead.
aarons6

Post by aarons6 »

iconnor wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:12 pm There isn't. There is a tool zmeventtool.pl, which you can use with a filter to delete them later.

We need to not be creating them. It's a hack.. Working on it. Could use some funding. Gonna make youtube videos instead.
where is this tool at, i tried to run it but it says not found and its not in /usr/bin like all the other pl files.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

available in 1.37
aarons6

Post by aarons6 »

iconnor wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:11 am available in 1.37
ok cool, i look forward to the new version when its available.